Hello! Popping in on this second to last day of August (how did it get to the second to last day of August so fast?!) with a card for a few challenges: PTI monthly inspiration challenge, Freshly Made Sketches, Paper Players (I used the diagonal row of layers, free and bright colors.) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. Let's look at what I made.
The PTI leaf stamps and dies I used are called Lovely Leaves and I think this is the first time I have used them despite having them for a very long time! (I just checked and it appears the stamps and dies are no longer available.) The sentiment is from the Just Sentiments Summer stamp set. I used the three required colors (Pure Poppy, Tropical Teal and Green Parakeet). I stamped the leaves using the three colors and yes, some of them did end up a little muddy in color. But, I wasn't too upset as that is what happens when leaves start to change colors... things get a little muddy, lol! To get the colors blended I initially stamped the leaves in the bright green and then added in the other colors using finger daubers. Once that was done I stamped the outline and veining with black ink. Prior to doing all the stamping I did die cut the leaves, left them in place in the cardstock and then did the stamping. I think I got a good result.
Using the PTI Rounded Rectangles Pierced dies I die cut rectangles from cardstock in the three colors and layered the red and teal on an off white cardstock panel that was die cut with the largest Rounded Rectangles Pierced dies. I then adhered the teal and red rectangles to the main panel per the FMS sketch. The leaves were then layered on top and I finished with the sentiment stamped on the smallest Rounded Rectangles Pierced dies.
I'm glad that PTI brought back their monthly challenge. Most of my PTI products are old and no longer available on their website, but that doesn't mean I can't use them!
Well, that's it for me! Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!





8 comments:
Rosemary, I love your turning leaves! AND how you added color to the stamps with finger daubers - something I haven't done in a while - must remedy that!
Thanks for having a play with our FMS sketch and telling all of us that PTI challenges are back!
=] Michele
Your leaves are really spectacular! What a pretty card this is. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!
I think the leaves are just lovely, but the sentiment just makes me smile! SO happy you played with our grid this week at the Paper Players! Always happy to see your creations in the gallery!
Your leaves are extra pretty, Rosemary! This is a marvelous take on those challenges. We saw our first bit of color on our evening walk the other day. A few leaves floating down from the trees too. Not ready for summer to end, but I do love the fall!
What a stunning take on Michele's sketch! I love the cluster of leaves and the colors are spectacular! Thanks so much for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!
These leaves are just gorgeous and you've applied colour perfectly! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Gorgeous take on the sketch, Rosemary! I love how you've colored the leaves too!!
Definitely not muddy leaves, they are gorgeous, I love how you used the sketch, the blue and red rectangles are just perfect backdrop for those beautiful leaves. Love this card. x
Post a Comment