"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 16, 2026

Long Stem Florals...

 Hello!  Popping in with a card that I made for the Paper Players challenge which is a color challenge this week (coral, pink, yellow and green).  The challenge closes in the next day so I needed to get it done.  I will also be adding it to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge as well.  Let' see what I made.


The Simon Says Stamp August card kit is available for purchase and for about 30 seconds (actually a little longer than that, lol) I thought about purchasing it.  But then I realized that I already had several of the products included in the kit and a stamp set that was similar.  So, I didn't purchase the kit.  One of the items in the kit is a jar of Tim Holtz distress embossing powder and it got me thinking about what distress embossing powders did I have.  Off I went to look and low and behold I had all the colors needed for the Paper Players color challenge!  Yay!  The Long Stem Florals stamp set with matching stencil and dies was perfect for what I wanted to do.  I used Kitsch Flamingo, Fossilized Amber, Saltwater Taffy and Twisted Citron distress embossing powders.   I will admit that even though this card looks simple it was a bit labor intensive as I had to do some layering of the embossing powder due to the stencil.  I did discover in the process, as well, that the distress embossing ink dauber I bought years ago does still dispense embossing ink.  Another yay!  So, I stamped the stems in VersaFine Clair Nocturne, let them dry for a bit and then did all the inking and embossing using the stencil.  When finished I die cut the panel and adhered it to a white cardstock base.  Finished with a sentiment from the Long Stem Floral stamp set.   A simple, yet not so simple, card, lol!


Well, that's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

WOW, Rosemary! I absolutely LOVE your clean and "simple, yet not so simple" card. It shows off the challenge colors perfectly. This is an amazing stamp set. It's a "frame-worthy" card and I am so glad you shared it with The Paper Players this week.

Stef Perry said...

Rosemary, this is such a fun design, and I love how a complex process ends up looking easy-peasy. That's masterful! The colors are bright and pretty too. And now you have me wondering which distress powders I have...hmmm. Thank you so much for joining in this week with the Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

It was worth all of the effort that you put into it! Terrific card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your, ahem! simple card, beautiful and clever use of colours. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous take on the colors with the trio of blooms in vases - very artsy & clever, Rosemary!! I'm behind on commenting but trying to catch up :)