"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Simon Says Stamp Every Happiness Blog Hop Day 2

 Hello, hello!  I'm so excited to be participating in the day 2 blog hop for the Simon Says Stamp Every Happiness release!  This release is so amazing and I am so grateful to Simon Say Stamp for the products that they gifted to me to create with!  I have two cards to share with you today.  But before I share all the details I just want to remind you that there is an opportunity to win a $25 gift certificate at each stop on the hop.  So make sure you leave a little comment for a chance to win.  If you started the hop at Simon Says Stamp you should have arrived here from Rachel Alvarado's blog.  Now, lets take a look at what I created.


This first card uses the new Chunky Ovals die set, Sunflower Blooms die set and a sentiment from the Sunflower Meadow stamp set.  I will admit that I have not been big on oval shaped dies, but these Chunky Ovals stole my heart!  The largest one is too big for an A2 sized card (generally what I make), but perfect to make a card with and that is what I did.  I used patterned paper from the 49 and Market Vintage Orchard collection for the background.   To create my card base I folded a full sheet of off white cardstock in half, placed the large oval so that one side went slightly past the fold and the bottom also went slightly past the bottom edge of the cardstock.  I did this to create the hinge on one side and a flat bottom so the card would stand up.    I die cut the patterned paper, adhered it to the card base and then trimmed off the excess.  The flowers (one large flower and stem, two small flowers and one small stem) were created with additional patterned paper from the Vintage Orchard paper pack, assembled and adhered to the card front.  I used the smallest oval in the Chunky Ovals set to die cut my sentiment that I then adhered to the card front.  Love how this turned out!



This card also uses the Sunflower Blooms die set and the new Whirlpool Spinner embossing folder.  I used more patterned paper from 49 and Market for this card.  This time from the Faded Memory Lane collection.  I die cut a rectangle of cardstock, embossed it with the embossing folder and adhered it to a card base.  I die cut the flower and stem from coordinating patterned paper, adhered it together and then added Nuvo glitter drops to the center of the flower.  When it was dry I added it to the card base and finished with another sentiment from the Sunflower Meadow stamp set that was die cut with the same small chunky oval die and a little twine bow.  Love the softness of this card. 


As you can see from the graphic you can also get a free stamp set with any purchase from the new Every Happiness release.  So, what are you waiting for?  Go shopping!!

Well, that is it for me.  Thanks for stopping by!  Your next stop on the hop is Susan Valle.


52 comments:

Ann H said...

Lovely cards!

Nancy R. said...

I love how you added texture to the sunflowers. Nice touch!

Lila W said...

Love your cards. Beautiful!

Donna Phelan said...

Loving the Oval dies....but that sunflower is so special! Love it!

JustCallMeElle said...

So perfect. Thank you for sharing.

ginger said...

Your cards are beautiful, I was smitten with the new Sunflower die in this recent release so I was instantly drawn to your cards. You reminded me about the advantages of using pattern paper and how it can add interest and details to a card. I liked your choice to make an oval card, I think a shaped card is always a special unexpected treat. Your second card demonstrated how using a single die cut flower can make for an elegant card. BEAUTFUL CARDS, WELL DONE !!

Sharon said...

Pretty cards.

Patti Bailey said...

The texture on your cards is wonderful!

lkleback said...

Sunflowers are a family favorite, and I love what you did with the dies.

Andrea R said...

Oh, I love both cards. They are so different, but the first immediately reminded me of a garden stepping stone, and the second was so soft and lovely with the embossing folder and the muted tones.

Barbara-Jean said...

Beautiful cards! I appreciate the texture, something I need to use more!

Janice Stovall said...

I love these cards!! I'll have to admit that upon first glance of the top card, I thought it had been stitched! Love the texture!! That adds so much to the overall effect! And I love the simplicity of that second card. BEAUTIFUL!!

Kathy Dumpert said...

I like the texture on the sunflowers!

Phyllis said...

You have created two great cards, but the bright sunflower inside the oval frame is my favorite, as I am a big fan of these flowers.

JanFRN said...

These are so soft and lovely!

Jane Booth said...

So Pretty! Love the texture in the first card & the subtle beauty in the second! Sunflowers are my daughter's and my best friend’s favorites!!!

berryblue said...

I love those new chunky ovals and the texture on your sunflowers! These cards are great!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love these sunflower projects! Just stunning!

sharon g said...

The summery look is so cute!

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I love the sunflowers!

Maria said...

Wow - both cards are gorgeous!

Lora Knudsen said...

Beautiful cards. I'm a sucker for sunflowers. Thank you for sharing.

Shar Zar said...

Just lovely creations. One as more traditional sunflowers and one so soft elegant. Shows how versatile the flowers are.

Angie L said...

The sunflowers remind me of our warm summer days!

Bunny said...

Pretty cards. The whirlpool spiiner is such a nice EF. [Bunny]

Fran Smith said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah said...

Such beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

L said...

Beautiful Sun flowers!
Love the texture. Thanks for the inspiration.

Maureen Reiss said...

Love the textures, love the colors!!! Beautiful cards!!!

Missy said...

Lovely cards, and I love the way you made the first one an oval! So cool!

Melissa Leftrick said...

Such soft, sweet cards! So pretty!

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous backgrounds for these wonderful sunflowers! Love your beautiful cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Love the sunflowers on your beautiful oval shape, a gorgeous card. Your second card is so lovely, with the delicate colouring and embossing. Both stunning Rosemary. x

Mary B said...

I love how you can see the texture of the embossing on your cards!

TK said...

Both cards are absolutely darling! It's hard to imagine a chunky oval small enough for a sentiment, but it looks awesome. Those papers are also pretty amazing, Rosemary

Lynn Chan HJC said...

oh my your cards are so beautiful!

Pauline said...

Lovely cards, love the whirlpool spinner ef, really adds a lot of interest to your card.

Connie Hostak said...

I love me some sunflowers, and these are gorgeous!

Robink said...

I love the texture in your work!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous cards with the sunflower blooms, Rosemary!! Especially love them with the patterned background on card one!!

Lisa Elton said...

These are amazing, Rosemary! Love the texture!

whoistracy said...

Lovely cards, but that second one- wow!!!

Lena N said...

I love your card! I am convinced to get the flower dies! Thank you for sharing!

Mariana said...

these sunflower cards are so pretty!!! Thank you for sharing with us!

Andre M. said...

Two beautiful card designs, the patterned papers complement them so well.

Anna Given said...

Beautiful work. Love the added detail you did on your sunflower card

Mark Given said...

Beautiful cards!

Kathy said...

luv these there gorgeous

Jeanne Rice said...

Love the cards. I love the embossing on the second card.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh such lovely dimension on your creations! Gorgeous! 💕Sue Kment

VALORIE said...

Lovely cards! I especially like how you used patterned paper! I’m always trying to find new ways to use AAALLL the patterned paper I have!

Brenda K said...

These card are gorgeous! I love the oval card with the sunflowers!