"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Post

A card for the current ODBDSLC challenge (#34) to use kraft & black plus another color.  I decided to go with kraft, black & cream.  I also made this card for the current Moxie Fab World challenge Perfectly Placed Pleats.  

Last year during the May, 2009 PaperTrey Ink release, Nichole Heady, made a card using the cutest little pleating detail (look here).  She provided a template so that we could recreate the pleats ourselves.  I downloaded the template and have been using it ever since.  
For my card I created two sections of pleating and then adhered them together so that they would fit along the length of the card.  The patterned paper I used is one of my favorites from Close to My Heart, called Silhouette.   The stamps, of course, are from ODBD, the set called As You Graduate.   I stamped the main image on PTI's Vintage Cream cs with PTI's True Black ink.  The piece was matted with True Black cs.  I stamped a 2nd butterfly on Vintage Cream and then trimmed it out.  I sprayed it with some Smooch (Vanilla something), but you can't really see it. 

Thanks for taking a peek... hope you have a wonderful week!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream & True Black; Ink:  PTI True Black; Stamps:  ODBD As You Graduate; Smooch; Kaiser clear rhinestones; Close to My Heart patterned paper.

12 comments:

Barb said...

Rosie, those pleats are so elegant! I love this gorgeous card! One of my favorite color combos too! :)

Lin said...

I love this, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Your pleats are perfect!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful!! Love the ruffle and your layout with the kraft and black!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the light challenge this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Rosemary, this is so beautiful!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Nat said...

wow, love this one Rosemary! Looking forward to your day on the Hero Arts Blog, I am excited to see your creations!! :)

HappyCrafter said...

Just love this image, and this came out absolutely elegant.

Nigel said...

Beautiful card, very subtle :)

Sandy Ang said...

Just beautiful !

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Rosemary! Thanks for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Alice said...

this is so pretty and elegant!

Chrissy D said...

FANTASTIC. I love that you didn't color this. I always get so wrapped up and feel like I HAVE to color images, Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC!