"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Heartfelt Wednesday

Yep, its Wednesday and that means a Heartfelt Creations post.  Today I'm posting an altered project I made using the Heartfelt Creations set HCPC 2291 Regal Poinsettia 2 and the matching Spellbinders Blossom 2 dies. 

I had a tin that used to hold a bunch of felt flowers (the tin came from Stampin Up!).  My little guy had long since raided the tin for many of its felty "treasures" and I had given some away, so I had an empty tin.  Perfect for embellishing with my layered poinsettias.  I stamped and diecut three of the large poinsettia flowers and then stamped and diecut 6 of the small poinsettia from patterned paper (Prima's Angelique line).  I then cut away the "bottom" layer from two of the large flowers and four of the small.  The flowers were then glittered up with Stickles and set aside to dry.  I traced the lid of the tin on to my patterned paper (Angelique), trimmed out and then I sanded the edges a bit.  I adhered the paper using Scor-Tape.  The side of the tin was covered with pink grosgrain ribbon using Scor-Tape.  Once the flowers were dried I adhered them together and arranged them on the tin.  I finished the tin by adding some pearl flourishes from Zva Creative that I had cut apart.

Thanks for taking a peek....

Supplies:  Patterned paper:  Prima Angelique; Tin:  Stampin Up!; Ribbon:  Stampin Up! pink; Stamps:  Heartfelt Creations; Ink:  Stampin Up! Cherry Cobler; Zva Creative pearl flourishes; Scor-Tap

6 comments:

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Rosie! Love this color combo and your flowers are just beautiful!

craftieodmae said...

this is fantastic! You make the prettiest stuff!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Mmm...such yummy colors and the layering of your flowers is gorgeous!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh this is stunning, Rosemary! I love the bg with all the gorgeous pearl flourishes and your layered poinsettias look fantastic!

Elise said...

Wait, wait, wait... WAIT just a minute! Do you mean that you are actually supposed to re-use those precious tins that are ALL that precious BEFORE embellishing? Well, now you have a treasure to REALLY treasure! Goodness, gracious! All that bling and pearly wonder! YUMM-MEEEE! What a fantastic piece, Madame Rose! Wow!!!!!

Jess said...

I love what you've done with that die! I have the same one and I didn't recognise it.

Goooorgeous project - you've inspired me to take another look at my old tins!! :)