"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Evening Post

Hello, friends.. going to try to make a quick post here.  Have a card I made using sweet Chupa's current Sketchbook Saturday sketch and the colors from the current ColourQ challenge.  I just couldn't let the week end without making a card using Chupa's sketch.  I just LOVE her sketches!!  Anywhooo... on to the card.



When I saw the sketch I wasn't too sure what I was going to do, but then when I saw the ColourQ colors I knew I had to use my favorite HA set Bold Pop Designs.  I inked up the largest flower in the set using Hero Arts Hero Hues Punch ink and the smaller flower using SU!'s So Saffron.  Then both flowers were die cut using the matching dies.  I'm still in my white on white mode and so I embossed the background using my PTI Quatrefoil die, added the lace and the ribbon (SU!'s Pacific Point).  The circles were die cut using Spellbinders circle dies and then adhered to the card.  The bakers twine was added to the grey cord buttons, adhered to the flowers and then the flowers were added to the circle.  I die cut the fishtail flag using my MFT Fishtail Flag dies and then stamped the sentiment (also Hero Arts) using Pacific Point ink.

Thanks for stopping by and thank you those of you who took the time to comment about my shoulder.  It has been feeling better!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Grey; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Inks:  Hero Arts & Stampin Up!; Dies:  MFT, Spellbinders and Hero Arts; Twine:  Twinery; Ribbon & Buttons:  Stampin Up!

10 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oooh... brilliant use of the sketch, fantastic card!! I love stopping by here to see your take on my sketches!! :D

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Rosemary, you flowers are perfect.

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, I adore the flowers...wow...they are gorgeous...hope your weekend is awesome!

enjoy *~*

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Your Quatrefoil die is amazing and makes for a beautiful background, and sets the scene for your centre piece of die-cut blooms, your colour palette is bright and breezy and relates a happy feel. I really like your White on White with the splashes of colour it is crisp and clean, and delightful to boot.
Smiles:)
Sue

Michelle said...

oh, this is fabulous! Love the embossed background, flowers, buttons and banner!

Robin K. said...

Love your take on the sketch! You do such wonderful work with that stamp and die cut set! P.S. I didn't realize you've been having shoulder trouble:(. Glad to hear it's better!

Unknown said...

Oh Rosemary I love this. Those flowers are great and that ribbon..perfect. Great take on the sketch and use of this week colors. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ.

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Rosemary, I love this card! I especially love the white embossed background...so classy!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary, I love what you did with the flowers, really like the sets that have dies, it makes the cards look so professional. Thanks for joining us again, I always love seeing your creations at the ColourQ.

Nona said...

Love the white embossed bg and the die-cut flowers! Gorgeous take on both challenges.