"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, July 15, 2012

simply delightful...

Hello friends!  The weekend is ending and it is the middle of July!! Where oh where is the time going?  I have a card today for two challenges:  TCM's July sketch challenge and CR84FN's current color challenge (yellow, red and neutrals).   I'm pleased with the fact that I was able to get my TCM card done so early... usually I'm getting it done only days before the challenge closes.



I recently purchased some lovely items from the Funkie Junkie and one of the items was a length of sweet red ruffled gingham trim.   I just had to make something with it right away and the above mentioned challenges were the perfect opportunity.   I purchased some other lovely trims from Linda and can't wait to use them.   If you haven't ever checked out Linda's store, you really should.  She has some really lovely items for sale.   I followed the sketch fairly closely except that I did not add the sentiment flag as shown in the sketch.  I felt I had too much going on at the bottom of the card and thought simply stamping the sentiment on the card front worked much better.  I added some Buttercup Stickles to the center of the flower, but I now think that might of not been the best idea.  I will also be popping this into the current Sunday Share at Frilly & Funkie as I purchased the gingham trim from the Funkie Junkie store. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Crumb Cake; PP:  My Mind's Eye Dilly Dally; Stamps:  The Craft's Meow Simply Delightful & Beautiful Spring; Ribbon:  Yellow Grosgrain:  Stampin Up!; red ruffle trim; Pins:  unknown; Dies:  Spellbinders plain & scalloped oval dies; Ink:  Memento Dandelion & Tuxedo Black

15 comments:

debbie said...

This is so lovely!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Rosemary, I LOVE that FAB ribbon and your big BEAUTIFUL bloom with the bling in the center! This is a VERY PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Rosemary! Love the beautiful blossom! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

I agree with you Rosie, you could not put the flag sentiment on your card, sometimes one has to tweak a sketch to work with how the card is coming together, it has to be balance. And you have layers and pins and things, that all sit beautifully with one another.
So adding the sentiment as you have is perfect.
Smiles:)
Sue

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Rosemary, gorgeous floral image and lovely layering and pins!
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Barb said...

The sentiment looks perfect, Rosie. I love the way you've used the yellow and red together - beautiful card! :)

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, love your art work!!!!

~amy~ said...

absolutely delightful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Craft's Meow!

Deborah Frings said...

Simply delightful - it certainly is!! Rosemary, this is lovely. I really like that big flower and sweet ruffle ribbon. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Christine said...

Gorgeous! A perfect card Rosy!
Hug
Christine

Brenda said...

I love your frilly trim Rosemary and also how you matted your beautiful flower!

Nona said...

Very pretty card, Rosemary! Love the Buttercup Stickles on the flower and the ruffled ribbon looks divine :)

Greta said...

Love how you put this together & that ruffled gingham trim--so wonderful!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Ooh, this came out fabulous, Rosemary. Your card is so bright and crisp looking and yes, not overdone. I like the way you stamped on the sentiment. Love that ruffled ribbon too - I need to get some out and use it - I think you have inspired me. So great to have you joining in Sunday Share this time around. Thanks for the nice words about my boutique!

Hugs,
Linda

Michelle said...

Wow! I love the ruffled gingham ribbon and beautiful flower!