"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, May 4, 2014

a shaker hello...

Popping in with a card that I made this afternoon.  I must say that this card took me far too long to make and has pretty much helped me decide that shaker cards are not really for me!    Maybe I will give shakers another chance, but not right away! 

 
The layout for my card is based on the current MFT Wednesday sketch and when I saw it I thought it would be perfect for a shaker card.  I used the color combo from the current ColourQ.   Things started out pretty good, but I ran into trouble when I tried to die cut the acetate sheet to get my window.  The acetate is pretty think and I lost count of how many times I ran it through the die cutting machine before I gave up and cut the last uncut side with my paper trimmer!   The next problem arose when I realized the foam dimensionals I was using to create my box weren't quit thick enough.  I almost gave up at that point... but I soldiered on and got some sequins inside and the whole thing closed up.  Given all the struggles I had it is no wonder the overall card is pretty plain.  Oh well... I tried!  Stamps are from the MFT set Sweet Roses.  Dies are Spellbinders and MFT.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Old Olive; Stamps:  MFT; Inks:  Stampin Up! Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie; Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  Spellbinders plain squares; MFT Fishtail Flag Stax and Sweet Roses dies; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh (clear); vintage gold sequins
 

17 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Love your take on the sketch, Rosemary! The flowers are so pretty, and your shaker panel is really fun! I hear ya when it comes to shaker cards...they can be very time consuming. Glad you hung in there, b/c it's really pretty!

wienerhoneymooners said...

It may have taken you a long time, but it looks fantastic, and you make it look easy! SO superb and effortless, though after I hear what you say, maybe I wont try shakers quite yet....LOL

Unknown said...

It may have taken far too long but it's really pretty:) I haven't tried my hand at a shaker card yet. They look like a lot of work..haha.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love shaker cards and yours is gorgeous, but I too think they are too time consuming - has to be somebody extraspecial to get one frome me ;)

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Rosemary! The extra effort was well worth it. Love those blooms too. Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Barb said...

I don't think it's plain at all, I think it's beautiful! I DO agree with you though, Rosie - shakers take way too long to create!

Malika said...

Lovely card lovely colours

Malika

Canonbury creations said...

Nothing plain about your card Rosie, just classy! They can be fiddly to make but the result is lovely:)
Val x

Greta said...

I'm just working on my card with that sketch--thinking of trying another shaker, too. FYI--I hand cut the acetate on my 2 for the PPP Blog Hop since the edges don't show anyway. I also should have added another layer of foam tape, but decided it was really OK for the sequins not to move so much. I love these flowers (another set for my wishlist!) & your choice of the clear & gold sequins looks fabulous! I've gotta get those clear ones for sure! Anyway--I totally love how your card came out--think you're too critical--LOL!

Anita in France said...

This was so worth all the work, Rosemary ... such beautiful blooms set against the fun shaker frame ... smile making! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Oh what a beautiful shaker card u created, ur cards are always so elegant and pretty :)

Jen Mitchell said...

So glad you stuck with it because the end result is beautiful! Love that little trio of flowers. Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Lisa Lara said...

This is an exquisite sequin shaker Rosi. One of the most elegant ones I have seen. I just love it. So clean and beautiful.

Nat said...

these shaker cards Im seeing out in blogland are making me crazy, love them so much and your design is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great week Miss Rosemary! :)

Robin K. said...

Sorry the shaker gave you so much trouble!! It is a pretty card though- love the colors and those sweet flowers!! I just might have to give a shaker card design a whirl:)

Martha said...

What a sweet & beautiful shaker card, Rosemary! I love the pretty colors. Well done!

"Hello" is one of my favorite sentiments. Love it!

Greta said...

Hurrah--ColorQ! winner! Well-deserved, my friend!