"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, October 30, 2014

one die... two cards

Hello friends!!   Hope your week has gone well.  Can't believe October is almost over.  We are experiencing our usual drippy wet weather for Halloween!  Oh well... that is how it goes in Western Washington!  The current Make it Monday technique is a really fun (and super simple... my kind of technique, lol!) one courtesy of Laurie Willison... partially stamped die cuts.  After viewing her video I just had to make something and in the end I made two cards!  The colors are based on the current Color Throwdown combo.


I thought about using one of the word dies I have, but as I flipped through my way too huge collection of PTI dies (any one with me on that one, lol???!!) I spotted the Phrase Play #2 die that I had not used yet and decided to go with that.  I stamped flower flowers from the PTI mini set Ruby Reprise using yellow, orange and bright blue inks along one side of white cardstock and then die cut the piece with the Phrase Play die.  The main piece was used to create the first card and then I used the left over pieces for the second.  I did die cut two more of the word "always" from scraps and then adhered them to the stamped to give the word more depth.   Both cards were finished with some orange, yellow and blue sequins.  

Of the two I think the second is my favorite.  I really like the simplicity of it and the fact that you can really see the word "always" so clearly.  I think on the first one I should have used a colored cardstock for the back piece instead of white... live and learn!  Think I will post this second card to the current Addicted to Stamps challenge:  CAS.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate; Stamps and dies:  PTI; Inks:  Stampin Up! (So Saffron & Pumpkin Pie) and Memento (Danube Blue & Tuxedo Black); Sequins:  Ellen Hutson

21 comments:

Barb said...

So cool, Rosie! Beautifully done - love them both!

Michelle said...

Brilliant.... a two-fer! Beautiful colors and great execution!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty cards Rosemary. Love the partial stamping and the way you used the colors with the white background. Thank you for playing with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

Barb Ghig said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity, Rosemary...seriously! Two fabulous cards, and I love your color combo! btw: I'm with you on the PTI dies...but, I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! It's always fun to see your cards in the gallery!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such lovely cards brilliantly done! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO too! : )

Petra Swart said...

Oh, Rosemary, I'm trying to decide which of these stunning cards I like best, but I can't make up my mind!!! Such a lot that are 'the same' on these cards, but two totally different cards!! I love how you have done the stamping on the one side of the first card, and then balanced it with the sequins. I like the rounded corners, too.
The second one is an awesome CAS card!!!
Absolutely love both these cards!!!
Have a great weekend!!

Neets B said...

Fabulous couple of cards, I think number two just wins it for me but they are both so crisp and clean. Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

Nat said...

so creative Rosemary, I love how you have created 2 cards with one die. lovin this!!! :)

Viv said...

I love them both Rosie, AMAZING as ever ....maybe the second one because I love simple...but both so clever and fabulous ;) Viv xx

walchowDesign said...

Two fab cards by using the die cuts, Rosemary! Great partial stamping on the cards and love how they turned out!

Patti said...

Simply outstanding!! I love the colors you've used DELICIOUS eye candy!! : )

Patti

Julie B said...

Not come across this technique before but it has piqued my interest as you have created such fab cards with it.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATSM this week.:)

Barbara said...

Fabulous partial stamping on BOTH cards! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown this week!

Greta said...

Love these clever cards, Rosemary! Great way to use these colors & glad you decided on the phrase play!

Kristii said...

I totally love your take on the challenge!! Absolutely fabulous!

Joan Ervin said...

Both cards look awesome...such fabulous designs with the PTI dies and all the white space!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

Marybeth said...

Your cards are amazing Rosemary! I love the slight stamping on the word die.... great take on the MIM challenge!

Vickie Z said...

Fun card....love the patial stamping!! Yes, I do have a "few" things unused :) Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

Lisa Lara said...

These cards and colors make me smile Rosi. Love that always.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!

Deepti said...

Such a cool, clever and beautiful duo of cards :) love these!