"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, May 28, 2015

have a lovely day...

Hey friends!!   Wow... we are having some spectacular weather right now and it looks like it will extend into the weekend!!  Love having this lovely weather!  But to be honest it has put me in a bit of a creative slump (I want to be outside!!)!   I'm hoping that all the lovely happy mail today  will help me out of it.  So I busted out some of my new things and made this little card.   The layout is based on the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the colors are from the current Color Throwdown challenge.  I'm also going to post this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (anything goes) and Word Art Wednesday (anything goes).   Most of the happy mail I received came from Simon Says Stamp and I used the lovely stamp and die set called "Lovely Spring".  I followed the FMS layout pretty closely except I decided to use the wreath image instead of a square.  After die cutting the wreath I placed it on my cardstock piece so I could position the sentiment properly.  After stamping the sentiment I placed the piece in a woodgrain embossing folder and did some partial embossing.  Layered up all the little die cuts and I was done.  Simple, but rather sweet I think.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Recollections white, Simon Says Stamp fog; Stamps and dies:  Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  Stampin Up!; Yellow sequin; woodgrain embossing folder
 

15 comments:

Nat said...

simply sweet :) A true beauty! :) !!!

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card and great use of the challenges!! So glad you played along at CTD!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary :-) I love the wreath and the CAS design, very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Greta said...

Perfect for both challenges! I always love wreaths, so will have to look at that set. The weather has been incredible & hope you're having fun!

Beverley said...

Such lovely soft colours and great take on the sketch. Hugs Bev x

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty and sweet Rosemary. Love the wreath with the little flowers. The textured background is a nice backdrop. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Martha said...

Rosemary, what an adorably sweet card this is.
Love your take on the sketch & colors.

Barb Ghig said...

Another really pretty card, Rosemary! I love your simple wreath and pretty flowers...beautiful color combo and your embossed background is perfect! Great job combining challenges, too!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is GORGEOUS, Rosemary! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week, and please join us again soon.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card! I love the simple, pretty wreath and the subtle texture in the background! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love all the white space and the subtle embossing on the panel. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Very pretty card! I love how cleanly laid out it is too! Pleasure having you join us for this week's challenge.

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

Petra Swart said...

Very pretty, Rosemary!!! Love the idea to use the wreath with the lovely sentiment on the inside!!! The little flowers are super cute and as always I love the colour of the base card!!!! The woodgrain dry embossing looks great!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... such a sweet wreath amid all that yummy white space! Anita :)