"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, November 23, 2015

Guest Designing for Merry Monday!!

Hey friends!!  I'm so excited to be the guest designer for Merry Monday Christmas challenge!!  The challenge hostess this week is Lesley and her theme is blue and white with texture.  I used the current sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and so I will be squeaking this one in just under the wire.  I started by stamping the smaller poinsettia image from the Essentials by Ellen Mondo Poinsettia set in VersaMark watermark ink on some Ranger watercolor paper.  I had to stamp each flower, apply the white embossing powder and then stamp the next flower to make sure that I didn't overlap any of the flowers.  Once I had heat set the piece I taped it to my little cutting board, spritzed it with water and then watercolored it using Stampin Up! Midnight Muse ink.  I love how the variation in depth of color that you get from watercoloring an image.  Once the piece was dry I die cut it using an AJVD Polka Dot Rectangle Backdrop die.  The large white panel was also die cut using a Polka Dot Rectangle Backdrop die.  The word is from the Essentials by Ellen Brushstroke Christmas set and was stamped in Midnight Muse.  I added some Stardust Stickles to the center of the flowers.   There is some textured to be found in the watercolored piece, but I added a bit more by embossing the strip of Midnight Muse cardstock that is layered behind my watercolored panel.   I'm also adding this to the current Essentials By Ellen Pin-sights challenge.  My focus is obviously on the dark blue color in the palette.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and thanks to the Merry Monday gals for having me as the guest designer today...make sure you check out their fabulous samples!
 
Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Midnight Muse; white; Ranger watercolor; Stamps:   Essentials by Ellen; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Ink:  Stampin Up! Midnight Muse, VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Filigree white; Stardust Stickles
 

 

27 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is amazingly beautiful, Rosemary! Just love the blue poinsettias. So great having you as GD this week at Merry Monday!

Betty said...

lovely card Rosie - and congrats on your guest designer spot today!!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning creation, Rosemary! Think I'll have to Case it & put the EH stamps on my wishlist! They couldn't have picked a better GD!

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning card Rosie and congrats on your GDT spot! apologies if I've missed any posts but blogger is playing up and not showing me all my reading list!!
Val x

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful. I love how the watercoloring gives such interesting color variations on the poinsettias and the background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Bonnie said...

This is AWESOME, Rosemary! Another winner! Thanks for joining our team at Merry Monday this week! Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy said...

How exciting Rosemary! Congratulations on being guest designer! Your card is gorgeous!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Rosemary, I love the vibrant colours and this technique is gorgeous. So glad you could join us as a Guest Designer this week.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Rosemary, your card is fantastic! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week!

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFUL card Rosemary!! Congrats on guesting!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful background you've created - I adore this card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Petra Swart said...

Big congrats on the GD spot, Rosemary!!! Your blue and white card is beautiful!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Linda said...

So beautiful Rosemary. Love the watercolored backgound. Thanks for being our GD this week at Merry Monday.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Rosemary

Your card is so lush and and textured. The blues you achieved are rich and elegant. Your technique turned out perfect. Thanks for sharing how you made this.

Blessings,
Barb

Heather North said...

Beautiful blue poinsettias, Rosemary! Congrats on your guest design spot at Merry Monday!!!

Martha said...

Hi, Rosemary!
Congrats on the Guest Designing...so well-deserved.
AND...what a striking beauty you've created.
I love how the pretty shades of blue POP against the white.
Fabulous stamping/embossing, watercoloring, and design.
Beautifully done!

Just Me said...

love your card ...it is so beautiful...thank you so much for sharing it .

Lisa Lara said...

Oh it is an absolute beauty Rosi.

Deepti said...

Jaw dropping beauty! Looks like a winner :)

Creating with Susan said...

WOW!! This is absolutely stunning!!

Susan Joyce said...

Welcome as our Guest Designer this week Rosemary. I love every detail of your card it is stunning!

Jenelle said...

This is gorgeous! Your water coloring is so pretty and I love the sentiment!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card for your Guest DT spot on Merry Monday, Rosemary! Just love your poinsettias!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Wow, Rosemary, your card is stunning - love the watercoloring! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week at Merry Monday!

Julie said...

Hello Rosemary. I love your blue and white Christmas card along with many others in your blog.

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot, Rosemary ... your watercoloured poinsettias are gorgeous ... so beautifully dramatic against the crisp white! Hugs, Anita :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Stunning! I love those touches of navy with the blue and white!

Deanne :)