"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

thank you...

Hey friends!!    The door was going to close soon on the SSS flickr challenge so I got to work this afternoon and made this card using two different SSS sets (Friendship Blooms and Spring Flowers).  I used the color combo for the new Card Concept challenge and I think my card fits into the freestyle collage category (?) and I used the new Freshly Made Sketch for the layout.  I watercolored my background using Salty Ocean distress ink and since I wanted to get the card done before tomorrow afternoon I speeded up the drying process by using my heat tool.  The flower was stamped in VersaMark watermark ink, white embossing powder applied and then heat set.  Once that was done I watercolored it using Picked Raspberry distress ink and once it was dry trimmed it out.  The stem was stamped using Mowed Lawn distress ink.  Because I decided that I wanted to add this to the new Simon Say Stamp Wednesday challenge (doing the polka) I tried in vain to find even a scrap of light pink polka dot patterned paper.  Given all the patterned paper I had I thought it would be easy, but... nope!  Then I remembered I could stamp my own polka dots...doh!!!  Stamped the dots using SU!'s Pink Pirouette ink and then trimmed off a strip.  I have had this paper doily border for ages and hardly used it.  It reminded me of the crochet trim in the inspiration photo so I cut off a piece, trimmed it down and adhered the to the strip of polka cardstock to create the second strip in the sketch.  I adhered that piece along with the flower using pop dots, stamped the sentiment and then added a few Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins. 
 

Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, Ranger watercolor cardstock; Stamps: Simon Says Stamp and PTI; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh; Inks:  Ranger, Stampin Up!, VersaMark and Memento; Paper doily border

23 comments:

Greta said...

Wowzer, Rosemary--stunning card! I have those flowers on my wishlist & I just adore that border!

Lisa Elton said...

What a splendid card Rosemary! That little snippet of lacy trim looks great!!

Karren said...

Beautiful! I love that flower set and it hasn't yet made its way into my cart because I'm on a self-imposed spending ban :( You've made a gorgeous card!

Kim M said...

A really lovely card. Great water colouring and I love that bit of lace! :-)

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card!!!

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is SO adorably sweet. I love the pretty colors & the fabulous watercolored background.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, Rosemary!!!! I love that doily border and the pretty flower!!! Your watercoloured bg is so lovely - I can never achieve a look I like!!! :( The sequins look like dewdrops - lovely!!!! Another great card, my friend!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Barb said...

Such a gorgeous design, Rosie! Love this beautiful card! So glad you played in the SSS Flickr challenge!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Rosemary!! A lovely design with a gorgeous background with saper colouring along with the gorgeous flower and lovely lave border and sequins and sentiment!!

Heather xx
Thanks wo much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Viv said...

Wow another beautiful card Rosie,I love it.Super watercolouring and the touch of pink really works ;) Viv xx

Jen Timko said...

How gorgeous this is! What pretty details....that background, the pop of pink, the sequins...love this! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Rosi. I just love your water colored background. Beautiful. Love that doily border and how you used it.

walchowDesign said...

Stunning card! That flower stamp is on my wishlist and it's getting higher on the list as you've just inspired me!

Sabrina said...

Lovely! And such bright summer colours! TFS

Julie Gearinger said...

This card is fabulous!! Love the watercolor background and the addition of the lace- perfect for a sweet Freestyle Collage style :-) Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

TK said...

Wonderful card! Love the beautiful watercolor, and that gorgeous flower!

Anita in France said...

Simply lovely, Rosemary ... fabulous watercolouring ... the lace trim below the polka dots is just so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely design!! Love that stamped flower!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Barb Ghig said...

GORGEOUS card, Rosemary! I love your watercolored background and how you placed your bloom! Clever idea to create your own polka dots, and your lace trim is just beautiful! I really love this card!!!

laurie said...

This is just beautiful! I ,love that watercolor background and sweet tulip. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

AB. said...

SO PRETTY! I love the peek of crochet trim and that beautiful flower.
Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept. xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! Love the water color background and crochet trim! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is gorgeous Rosemary! Loving that watercolour and little bits of detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.