"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 22, 2017

thank you butterflies...

Hey... happy weekend!!  Yesterday was a gorgeous day here and in the evening my neighbors got their fire pit going.   Once there were some nice coals we made our first s'mores of the year!!  Unfortunately as this is the Pacific Northwest our nice weather has sort of evaporated...it is supposed to rain!  Oh well!! After all that fun I finally got the photos I had take of a couple of cards edited and I'm sharing one today.  This one uses the current Freshly Made Sketches layout and since I used butterflies I will be adding it to the current Time Out challenge... don't you just love that inspiration photo???  I pulled out some older My Mind's Eye papers, found a couple I liked and got to work.  The butterflies are from the MFT Beautiful Butterflies stamp set.  I stamped the butterfly using MFT's Ripe Raspberry ink and then die cut with the matching dies.  I modified the sketch a bit by shrinking it down so that the MFT label die that I used wouldn't look so out of proportion!  That was die cut from the light pink woodgrain paper.  The background paper was die cut as well.  Layered everything up and then finished with the sentiment (from the Beautiful Butterflies companion sentiment set) embossed on vellum with white embossing powder.  Drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew were added to the butterflies wings.  A nice simple little card. 

Wishing you a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI rustic white, PTI vellum; Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and AJVD; Inks:  My Favorite Things, VersaMark; Nuvo Crystal Drops

11 comments:

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely colour combo Rosie and the detail on the butterflies is so pretty! BTW what are s'mores? 😀
Val x

Greta said...

If the rain is coming from the south it's on the way--haha! Gotta make use of the nice weather when we have it--even for just a few hours! Love your printed paper butterflies & the pink woodgrain paper is a wow! Lovely use of both the sketch & the photo, Rosemary--beautiful card! I've been thinking about a card with printed paper & maybe I'll finally do it today!

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous card. Love those beautiful butterflies. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty little patterned butterflies!! This is a lovely card Rosemary. I like the sentiment on vellum letting the woodgrain show through. Sounds like fun times with the neighbors and s'mores!

Gerrina said...

Those little dots work so well together and are perfet on the butterflies! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Petra Swart said...

I love your pretty butterflies with the little polka dots, Rosemary!!!!! The pink woodgrain paper panel is beautiful on the light blue and the sentiment on the vellum is lovely!!! Wonderfully done!!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!
Hugz

Nat said...

your still creating some truly amazing cards, love this one!! :)

Jen Brum said...

Very pretty card! Love those pink butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card! Love the bright butterflies! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lisa Lara said...

LOVE your butterflies Rosi!

Martha said...

Darling card, Rosemary.