"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, December 14, 2017

more tags...

Hello!!!  Seems like lately my mojo is coming and going as it pleases, lol!! Finally got some back the other day and made a couple more tags for Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist.  First up is a tag for day 9 a color challenge.  The inspiration tags for that day both had cute little yetis on them so I decided to use my yeti stamp set from My Favorite Things to create my little tag.  I'm following the current MFT sketch layout so I will also be posting my tag there.  I die cut the tag and then partially embossed it with a Stampin Up dots embossing folder.  I inked up some white cardstock with Distress Oxide ink in Iced Spruce, stamped them with the matching little tree and then die cut them.  My little yeti was stamped on watercolor cardstock and watercolored with Daniel Smith watercolors (from the palettes that I got from Simon Says Stamp) and then die cut with the matching dies.  Same thing for the little Santa hat.  I adhered everything per the sketch and then added the sentiment (from the MFT Snow Globe Greetings) that had been stamped and heat embossed on vellum.  I finished off the tag by adding some Ice Stickles to the embossed dots and looping some red and white baker's twine through the hole.



The second tag is for day 7 of the 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist to use pink, mint and gold.  Both tags were so beautiful so I was again inspired by both!  I whipped this one up pretty fast using supplies from the beautiful Simon Says Stamp limited edition Mint Wishes card kit and two dies from A Jillian Vance Design.   This tag will be going into the line up at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use stitching on your project (faux or real... mine is faux).  I die cut this fun polka dot paper from the kit using the AJVD Minnie Pearl tag and then die cut a second one from pink cardstock and adhered it to the back of the patterned paper one.  The snowflake (from AJVD) was die cut and adhered to the tag as shown.  I added a little gold star paper clip (from the kit) to the other side of the tag.  The word joy is a die from the kit and was die cut from gold and pink cardstocks, adhered together and the adhered to the tag.  Finished with pink/white and gold baker's twine looped through the top.  Going to add this to the current SSS flickr challenge of anything goes, as well.


Have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  Tag 1:  MFT white cardstock, Ranger watercolor cardstock; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and ODBD (tag); Inks:  Distress Oxide, VersaFine; Watercolor Medium:  Daniel Smith; Baker's Twine:  Stampin Up!

Tag 2:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! pink, MFT white, brushed gold (Mint Wishes kit); Patterned paper:  American Crafts;  Gold paper clip:  Crate Paper; Baker's Twine:  Twinery & Stampin Up!

6 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Two fantastic tags, Rosemary! I love that little yeti all dressed up with his Santa hat! Your gorgeous pink and gold "joy" and twine look amazing with that wonderful mint polka dotted paper!

Greta said...

I'll say your mojo came back! Oh my goodness--the first tag is totally adorable & perfect for the sketch! But, that second tag is a stunner! I loved that day's tags & you make me want to try & use that inspiration!

Anita in France said...

That little yeti all cosy and warm is just adorable, Rosemary ... and the mint polka dot background with the pink and gold sentiment and crisp snowflake ... wow, it's gorgeous ... so delicious it's almost edible! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling tags, Rosemary! Especially love the joy on the snowflake with the bitty star clip!!

Lisa Elton said...

Another pair of perfectly fabulous tags! The first is extra cute and I'm smitten with the polka dot tag base on the last one!

Gayatri said...

Super awesome tags. Love the faux stitched detail. Thank for playing along Simon Says Stamp Stitch It Challenge. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Gayatri xx