"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, March 23, 2018

cards for sketch challenges...

Hey there!!  The weekend is here... looks like we are going to have a wet and windy one here in my neck of the woods.   I'm popping in with a couple of cards for two sketch challenges:  Viva La Verve and Sketch for You to Try.  The Sketch for You to Try card is also for the current Color Throwdown.  First up is the Sketch for You to Try and Color Throwdown challenges.   I used the Reverse Confetti Love Blooms and Easter Blessings stamp sets (and matching dies) and the RC Cross die.  I stamped all the flowers in Stampin Up! Cameo Coral using second generation stamping and then added the outlines using the same ink without stamping it off.  The little leaves were stamped with a light green ink from Hero Arts.   The sentiment was stamped in black and then die cut with a circle die.  A mat was die cut from some matching coral cardstock.  Simple strips of black and coral cardstock were also cut.   Everything was then layered up on an white cardstock panel and the panel adhered to a light gray cardstock base.  Super simple!!



The second card is for the current Viva la Verve sketch.  Every month I vow to myself I will play along with VLV and then the month goes by and I don't get around to it.  This month I was determined and I finally made it happen!!  I used a sentiment from the Verve Brighter Blooms stamp set that I stamped in Catherine Pooler Rose Petal ink.  I die cut it with an AJVD circle die.  I matted it with some paper from the Bella Blvd Make Your Mark paper pad that I die cut with an AJVD Stitched Scallop Circle die.  I used additional papers for the main panel and strip elements in the sketch.  I adhered the strip to the panel and then wrapped the panel with white baker's twine that I tied in a bow.  I added some pink sequin trim and the little flower embellishment from the Bella Blvd Make Your Mark line.   Another super simple design!  Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of floral frenzy.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, SSS Fog, SU! Cameo Coral, PTI black; Patterned paper: Bella Blvd; Stamps:  Reverse Confetti and Verve; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up!, VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne, Stampin Up! Cameo Coral, Catherine Pooler Rose Petal, Hero Arts light green; Stampin Up! white baker's twine; Pink sequin trim; Bella Blvd Make Your Mark flower embellishment

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You've done your usual amazing job with both of the challenges Rosemary! I like the contrast of the black with the pastel flowers on the first and the lovely vibrant spring colors on the second!

Greta said...

I agree with Lisa--fabulous cards, Rosemary! The first one is so modern & beautiful--love that cross! The second one is a stunner--so striking with the pretty papers & colors--love the sequin trim!

Anita in France said...

These are both beautiful, Rosemary ... the first is crisp and fresh and lovely ... and the second is bold, vibrant and wonderfully contemporary, the colours are delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such gorgeous cards, Rosemary! Love those fabulous papers on your VLV card. So glad you made it happen this month... always love seeing your beautiful creations. Thanks for playing along!

debby4000 said...

Two beautiful cards, love them both.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby