"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, May 20, 2018

i love your kind heart...

Hey there!!  I have a card to share for a couple of challenges:  the Card Concept (floral centerpiece) and Inspired By (floral cluster).   I had made a couple of purchases from the Simon Says Stamp Fluttering By release and one of the things I bought was the beautiful Center Cut Flowers stamp.  I finally inked it up the other card to create my card.  I didn't make the card with either of the challenges I'm entering in mind it was just pure coincidence that my card worked for both challenges. Kinda like it when that happens... don't you?  I stamped the image on PTI vellum (love how thick it is!) with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed in white.  I colored the backside of the image using Ranger Distress markers in Abandoned Coral, Spun Sugar, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers, Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint.  I adhered the image to some Tim Holtz woodgrain cardstock and then added the sentiment from the SSS Take Heart stamp set that I embossed in white on black cardstock along with the die cut word. Finished with some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.  I think this would work for the clean and layered category at the Card Concept.  I'm also adding this to the current Time Out challenge to be inspired by a quote.  After reviewing the challenge I realized that my card would work perfectly since I have used blooms and I think the sentiment fits very nicely into the theme of the quote.



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI black, vellum, SSS gray, Tim Holtz woodgrain; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  Simon Says Stamp and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaMark; Coloring medium:  Ranger Distress markers; Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins

9 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful, very lovely cards - love coloring on vellum - it's always a winner!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your cluster of flowers, Rosemary! Looks to me a bit like a wreath - so pretty! Perfect with the black sentiment label & layered HEART!

Greta said...

So beautifully crafted, Rosemary!

Anita in France said...

Soft and lovely, Rosemary ... the subtle colouring on the flower cluster is just dreamy! Hugs, Anita :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! The white stamping on vellum gives your flowers such a soft, pretty effect! Very nice creation! So happy you shared it with us at Inspired By this week!

sandie said...

This is such a fresh looking card. I love how you have coloured the flower in such pretty fresh colours and it works so well with the black strip. That vellum must be great to work with. I like to colour on the back of vellum but think mine is too thin. Great to see you at Time Out x

Anita in France said...

I'm back, Rosemary ... and am delighted to have this lovely design in our gallery at Time Out ... thanks so much for playing along with us! Hugs (again!), Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful Rosemary, love those soft delicate colors!

Julie Gearinger said...

So soft and pretty! Love the coloring on the vellum with the bold sentiment- thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept!!