"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, December 8, 2018

joyful holiday greetings...

Hello there!  Popping in with a card for a couple of challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.   Twice this week I got the chance to do a little shopping at one of my favorite places Impress Rubber Stamps.  During my first shopping trip I picked up a Memory Box die set called Delicate Pine Frame.  I used that die set to create my card.  Another thing I picked up was a paper pad from American Crafts that has lots of fun Christmas/holiday themed papers as well as glitter paper and mirror cardstock.  I used a piece of patterned paper that had a gray background with snowflakes on it to die cut the larger frame.  The frame with the tree was die cut from the green glitter paper in the pad.  The birds were die cut from red and coral card stock.  I die cut a piece of white cardstock and then adhered the snowflake frame.  The tree frame was adhered with foam tape and then I added the little birds.  The sentiment is from the PaperTrey Ink Make It Market Holiday Folk mini kit and was stamped with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.   Super simple, but that what I need right now to get the last few Christmas cards I need done!  My sweet friend Greta reminded me about the monthly Memory Box challenge so I will be adding my card there, as well.   Thanks, Greta!  Realized that this will work for the new Time Out challenge so I'm sending it off for a visit there!



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies: Cardstock:  MFT white, SU! coral and red; American Crafts glitter and patterned paper; Stamps:  PTI; Dies:  Memory Box and A Jillian Vance Design

13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous tree in frame, Rosemary! Just love all the colorful birdies among the branches!!

Greta said...

Wish I could have gone shopping there with you! Beautiful card, Rosemary! You need to enter this at Outside the Box https://davebrethauer.typepad.com/outsidethebox/challenge/

Anita in France said...

Your cardinal filled, shimmery tree is gorgeous, Rosemary ... what a fabulous framed scene! Hugs, Anita :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Oh...I'm loving that pine tree frame die you used! Beautiful take on the throwdown colors and so glad you joined us!

Nora Noll said...

This is totally stunning!! I LOVE the double frame and the beautiful birds on that tree. Lovely design.

Kelly S said...

Love that offset tree with the adorale little birds!

Kim S said...

This is gorgeous! What a fabulous die - and I love how you dressed it up with the birds and the snowflake paper! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

This is a great take on the sketch! Those birds make the sweetest Christmas ornaments ... I can almost hear them caroling ... Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

So glad you won at Color Throwdown with this gorgeous card!

Nancy said...

Such a sweet card! Love this design. So fun with the colorful birdies!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is just beautiful!!

Anita in France said...

Back to say thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out with this gorgeous card, Rosemary! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Beautiful use of that pretty die -- and those pretty pops of colorful birds! Oh boy!