"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 18, 2019

spring cards...

Hello!  Popping in with a couple of cards that I made for a few challenges.  Both a spring inspired thus the reason for my blog title.  First up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  I recently purchased the Altenew Dotted Blooms stamp and die set and had been wanting to ink it up.  When I saw the cherry blossoms in the  inspiration photo for the Simon Says Stamp challenge it made me think of that set and so I got to work.   I have to admit it was a bit of a challenge for me to line up the layering images on the flowers, but after one mess up I managed to get two relatively nice branches.  I used Altenew Crisp ink in Blush for the two larger flowers and Rouge for the smaller bud.  I wanted to capture the blue sky from the inspiration photo so I inked up some white cardstock with Altenew Turquoise crisp ink and then die cut it with an AJVD rectangle die.   The sentiment was stamped in the corner with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.  I found a light minty green patterned paper to cut my strips from and then got to layering up all the elements on a white cardstock panel that I die cut with the largest AJVD stitched dot rectangle die.   The finished panel was adhered to a pink cardstock base.



The second card is for the current Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  I used supplies from the Simon Says Stamp April card kit to create my card.    Because I'm kind of funny about having the scale right when I make a card I used my rectangle dies in a some what creative way to cut some of the elements from the sketch.  It was just a matter of lining things up or shifting them one way or another.   I love that pretty minty green large gingham paper from the kit and paired it with the floral piece.   I die cut the white sentiment panel and then stamped it with a light yellow ink similar to that found in the flowers on the floral paper.   I used a sticker from the kit that I adhered to a scrap of the patterned paper and then trimmed out to give it a bit more stability when I adhered it to the card front with foam dimensionals.


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card #1: PTI white, SU! Pink Pirouette; Stamps:  Altenew; Dies:  Altenew and AJVD; Inks:  Altenew, Memento Rich Cocoa and VersaFine CLAIR; Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye

Card #2:  Cardstock:  PTI white, SSS dark brown; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  AJVD; Patterned paper:  Simple Stories; Sticker: Simple Stories; Ink:  Stampin Up!

10 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are both so lovely! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both wonderful Rosemary! I like the papers and colors on the second one!

Greta said...

These are so pretty, Rosemary! The Altenew flowers look perfectly stamped & I love the colors! Such a neat card using the kit--love it!

Anita in France said...

The cherry bloosom is so pretty and spring-like, Rosemary ... and I love how you've matched the papers on your second card ... such a gorgeous, fresh combination! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely blooms and pretty spring colors! Sweet cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

TK said...

Two more amazing cards, your flowers are always beauties to behold!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two lovely cards, Rosemary! You always find get ways to utilize sketches and I love the patterns you combined!!

Lin said...

What a lovely take on this sketch, Rosemary, the soft blues/greens show off your branch perfectly! Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Jen Timko said...

Both are lovely! The soft colors on the sketch card are really wonderful. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

These are both such pretty cards! And the colors speak my love language. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!