"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, September 1, 2019

thank you for helping me grow...

Hey there!  Happy Stamptember!  If you don't know what Stamptember is then you need to head over to Simon Says Stamp to find out what exactly it is, lol!  Today is the first day of Simon Says Stamp 10 anniversary celebration of Stamptember and there will be lots of fun things happening through out the month.   Tomorrow I will be participating in a blog celebration and sharing two cards that I made with the School Days Grow stamp set that Simon kindly sent me.   As a little lead up to tomorrow I'm sharing two other cards that I made and have shared on my Instagram.   Both cards are super simple designs and were made using patterned papers from Moda Scrap that came in a Simon Says Stamp card kit that I purchased several months ago.  (Sorry, but I don't remember what monthly kit it was!)  The first card was so easy to put together.  I stamped one of the pretty sentiments from the set on vellum with white embossing powder, trimmed it down and then adhered it to a piece of patterned paper.  I adhered that to a SSS fog card base and then added lots and lots of Pretty Pink Posh iridescent white jewels.




The second card is another simple design and was created using the SSS Circle Leaf die, the Moda Scrap patterned paper and a sentiment from the set.  I die cut the Circle Leaf from the patterned paper, trimmed down the opposite side and adhered it to a green cardstock base with foam dimensionals.   I then stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock, trimmed it to fit the card front and adhered it to the card front.  I then added lots and lots of Pretty Pink Posh jewels in green and iridescent white.  The layout for this card is based on the Sunday Stamp sketch so I will be posting the card there, as well as at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge since this week it is anything goes.  Make sure you head over to Simon Says Stamp to check out all the new goodies that Simon released today.



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Simon Says Stamp fog; PTI New Leaf, Vellum; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  Simon Says Stamp; Patterned Paper:  Moda Scrap; Ink:  VersaMark, VersaFine; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts white

7 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, LOVE that die - what a pretty card you've made - so natural and organic! Also love those green jewels - I love their sequins, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Greta said...

Love those papers & the circle leaf die is on my wishlist! Wonderful cards, Rosemary!

Lisa Elton said...

A double does of prettiness Rosemary!!

TK said...

You call them simple, I call them gorgeous! :o)

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, I really love that subtly beautiful paper you chose for your leaf die-cut. It is really an effective contrast against your bold green background. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week!

Anita in France said...

Such beautiful use of those lovely patterned papers, Rosemary ... these are both so wonderfully dreamy ... and gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Such beautiful cards, Rosemary! Love the green and the pretty patterned paper! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX