"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, September 25, 2020

a fall card...

 Hello!  The weekend is here.  Hopefully some of you have something fun planned.   Our weather isn't that great right now so maybe we will just stay home!  Anyway,  I have a card to share for a couple of challenges:  Color Throwdown and CAS(E) this Sketch.   Have you ever thought you had a craft supply and it turns out you don't?  That happens to me alot, lol!  But with today's card that didn't happen.  I thought I had distress oxide in Rusty Hinge and I actually did!   I ink blended the Rusty Hinge onto a piece of smooth bristol cardstock fading it out at the bottom.  I cut the piece in two and then embossed the pieces making sure that the raised part of the embossing was on the backside of my inked piece.  I adhered the pieces to an off white cardstock based.  I used the smaller leaf cluster from the Simon Says Stamp Eucalyptus Leaves die set to cut light blue and aqua cardstock twice.  I then adhered an aqua cluster to a blue cluster and adhered to the lower inked panel.  I adhered the remaining clusters and then adhered it but with the colors reversed.  I finished the cluster with a little wooden heart.  The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Thanks & Encouragement Word Mix 1 stamp set.   I stamped all the sentiments on off white cardstock and die cut with the matching die.  I then adhered the sentiment I chose to the card front.   Also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp flickr challenge of anything goes.



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the eucalyptus leaves in that color, Rosemary!! They look amazing atop your blended, debossed panels!!

Anita in France said...

How gorgeous, Rosemary ... a delicious use of the colour combo ... and so much wonderful texture! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Rosemary, I'm absolutely positive I DON'T have those leaves - YET!
LOve the Rusty Hinge on your beautifully embossed panels - and doesn't it compliment this blue beautifully?
Thanks so much for playing along at CTS again!
=]

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! So beautiful Rosemary, love the colour choices and the dies and embossing are to die for!
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

You've used those colors and the sketch beautifully! Wonderful card Rosemary!

TK said...

Stunning! Beautiful colors, and perfect execution of such a wonderful challenge

Michal said...

Beautiful!

Greta said...

As you know--I totally love this unique & beautiful card!

Broni said...

What a beautiful card, Rosemary!!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!