"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 28, 2021

More Easter Cards...

 Yep... back with more Easter cards!  Gotta get them done... Easter is in one week!  The first card is for the Pinkfresh Studio monthly challenge, as well as Freshly Made Sketches and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   The Pinkfresh challenge this month is flowers so I just used that and took more of my color inspiration from the SSS mood board.  I stamped the Pinkfresh Studio/Altenew collaborative stamp set called Celebrate Today on watercolor paper with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then watercolored very simply with Altenew's 12 pan watercolor set.  When dry I die cut it with the matching die.  I trimmed a piece of white cardstock down and then ran it through my die cutting machine in a pretty lattice design embossing folder that I have had for years.  I added a little strip of light gray cardstock at the bottom and then adhered my panel to a white cardstock base and added the floral image.  The sentiment is from A Jillian Vance Design.  I stamped it on white cardstock with the Nocturne ink, die cut it with a banner die and attached.  Finished off the card with some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.





The second card is just a bonus card, really.  I got the March Glimmer kit earlier this month, but just never found time to make anything with it.  I was using my Glimmer the other night to make... yes... Easter cards and Glimmered the sentiment from the kit along with the layering daisies for my card.  I used the Spellbinders Essentials rectangle dies and the inserts that are part of the set on the large pink rectangle and the smaller white rectangle.  The sentiment and the daisy were glimmered using Rose Gold foil, but you really can't tell.  In real life the Rose Gold foil looks so pretty with the pink cardstock.  I layered the rectangles on my card base, added the rose and then finished with a Trinity Stamps Something New pearl in the center.  


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are both just as pretty as they can be! I think the first one is my favorite... but the second is in a close race!

Anita in France said...

These are both so pretty, Rosemary ... that posy of spring blooms against the trellis background is so fresh and lovely ... and what fabulous detailing on your dimensional foiled daisy card ... delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

Oh I totally love these cards, Rosemary! I have that old ef, too, so that card immediately caught my attention on IG--love it! Couldn't tell that was a strip of gray cardstock, so glad to see this blog post. The second card card is a stunner, too! Never thought to use my Rose Gold ep with pink cardstock, but think I'll give it a try.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very, very beautiful both these cards are Rosemary, I actually got mine in the post today but forgot to photograph them, just as well I am making a couple more, although I'm not as good as you, they will be the same!
Keep safe
Faith x

TK said...

Stunning! Wow, these are fantastic -- I love the design of both but am in love with that embossing folder too

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! That lattice EF is the perfect backdrop to those gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Viv said...

Such stunning cards Rosie, I love them both, love the pretty colours you used too ;) hugs Viv xx