"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 16, 2022

two cards to share...

 Hello!  Popping in with a couple of cards that I had a chance to make and both feature new products!  First up is a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  I just checked and my card also works for the current JUGs challenge.

One of my dearest friends contacted me to let me know that her mom is in the hospital with a whole range of problems.  It is a particularly trying situation for my friend because her mom lives in Chicago, and she lives here in Washington state.  Her mom has already undergone one surgery and will have another once she has recovered enough to do the next surgery.  My friend is hoping to go to Chicago for a quick visit in between those surgeries.  I created this card with her in mind.  I had the soft blue background that I embossed with a Simon Says Stamp embossing folder already made.  I die cut the Memory Box Serene Bird & Branch from white cardstock and assembled the bird.  I arranged everything per the FMS layout.  I added the sentiments from the Simon Says Stamp Thanks & Encouragement Word Mix stamp and die set and some tiny silver Spellbinders rhinestones. 


This next card is for Color Throwdown and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  I think I will be sending it to my niece who is away at school in Texas.  She just went back after being home for the holidays, but we all miss her!

I used one of Simon Says Stamps new hot foil plate and die combos called Sketched Rose Wreath.  I hot foiled the wreath and flowers with my Glimmer using silver foil.  I then die cut everything and colored them with Copic markers in yellows, blues and greens.  After that was done I die cut my panel of white cardstock and did a little bit of stenciling with a tiny heart stencil and Squeezed Lemonade distress oxide ink.  I finished with the sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio that was foiled in black and some blue sequins.  I was so fixated on the blue, green and yellow colors from the CTD combo that I forgot about the gray!  I guess my silver foiling could fit that, but to bring in the gray I added my panel to a gray cardstock base!  Problem solved!  


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


9 comments:

dj said...

Great use of the color combo from the CTD team...beautifully put together!! I'm sure this will bring a smile to your neice!!

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely card in soft blue and white - hope your mom's friend recovers ok. Glad you shared this at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's mom. I hope all goes well with the surgeries and recovery. Both of your cards are so pretty, Rosemary. Love the embossing folder you used on the first one! So happy to have you playing along at JUGs!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I just love the background embossing and that beautiful bird diecut. So elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

2 beautiful cards, Rosemary! I know your friend will appreciate the expression of your caring. So hard to be far away from loved ones when they're ill. The card for your niece is so bright & happy with the beautiful wreath & flowers!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty use of the colors! Your bg panel blue is just lovely - Thanks for joining in st JUGS

TK said...

Beautiful, and such a sweet card for your niece. The colors on your second card are definitely fixating and you've used them perfectly.

Lisa Kind said...

Sorry to hear about your friend’s mom. How sweet of you to send such a lovely and calming card. And I love your second card. Yellow and blue are such a pretty color combination. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How worrying for your friend, receiving this lovely card will improve her spirits, I'm sure, Rosemary, it's beautiful. The card for your Niece is beautiful too, love the layered look of this wreath.
Faith x