"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Christmas cards...

 Hope everyone here in the US had a really nice Thanksgiving.  Our Thanksgiving was quiet.  Just me, hubby and our boys.  We didn't even had turkey.  We had a nice roasted chicken!   Anyway, with Thanksgiving over it is on to Christmas!  And I have two very clean and simple Christmas cards to share.  

The first card is for the Paper Players, Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.  The colors at CTD are copper, kraft, sage and black.  I just used a little of the copper and black and alot of the kraft and sage.  I know my copper doesn't look copper, but it is.  The sentiment was hot foiled with Spellbinders copper hot foil.   I took a close up that shows a bit better that the foiling is copper.   For the bird I blended Bundled Sage distress ink onto white cardstock and then die cut the bird using the Memory Box Serene Bird & Branch die set.  The branch was die cut from black and copper glitter cardstock then layered slightly offset.   I embossed a piece of PTI rustic white cardstock with the Spellbinders Holly Swirls embossing folder and adhered it to a kraft base.  I assembled the bird using thin foam squares to adhere the wing for a little dimension.  I die cut the beak from black cardstock, adhered it and then added the eye using black Nuvo drops.  I layered up all the elements on the card front and I was done. 








The next card will be going to the Card Concept.  I didn't go with any of the colors, but more with the idea of the tree.  I would consider the card clean and layered. 


I bought the Memory Box Layered Narrow Pines die set a few months ago and I have been wanting to make something with it.   When I made the first card, I foiled two sentiments because I wasn't sure which sentiment I wanted to use.  Originally, I was going to use the sentiment on this card on the first, but thought it was too long.   After I finished the first card I just kept going and pulled out the dies for this card.  I cut the trees from dark green cardstock and the snow layer from Memory Box white frosted cardstock.  The frosted cardstock has a nice subtle glitter look to it.  I pulled out a Simon Says Stamp snowflake stencil (don't know what the name is) and used distress grit paste in Snowfall to stencil the snowflakes.   The look is very subtle, but pretty.  Once the panel was dry, I added the trees and the sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

14 comments:

TK said...

Very pretty cards! Love the simplicity of both, but they are equally pretty. I do love the bird and tree dies, and the simple sentiment strips - whose strips are they?

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautiful cards Rosemary - I particularly love the delicate embossed background detail on each. Thanks for taking part in my CAS challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Christy Lynn said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Rosemary! Love the bird card with the copper accents, anything metallic or shiny doesn't photograph well for me either but I can imagine it looks great in person. Love the soft ink blending on the bird. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

These are both beautiful! That dove is just beautiful! So glad you shared these with us at The Players this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I love that dove and the pretty embossed background! That sentiment is so sweet as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karen Letchworth said...

Both of these Winter cards are gorgeous and so creative. I love the soft sweet Winter elements. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept. Have a blessed week and please join us again soon.
Karen L, DT

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous cards, as always Rosemary! I just love those copper accents on the dove card. So elegant! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

I love both of your CAS designs! Especially love the touches of sparkly copper you added to the bird design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Lisa Elton said...

Two beautiful cards, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love the bird, the embossing and the simple, but so beautiful words, I'm singing them as I write :) Your second card? The perfect sentiment again for this "simply" beautiful card Rosemary. Gorgeous cards.
Faith x

Greta said...

Absolutely love these! I have the bird & need to use it! I've thought about getting the pines & now I really do want them!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous bird diecut, Rosemary, and I love the pines atop the glittery snowflakes too!!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards! The dimension and foiling on your fabulous bird card really add so much interest. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Both cards are so pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!
The trees are beautiful and I I love the snow on the branches! And the sparkly snowflakes!!!
Hugs! Mackie