"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Spellbinders December Clubs

 Hello!  I'm popping in on this very snowy afternoon to share the cards I have made with this month's Spellbinders clubs.    This month's clubs are all about love.  I know, I know... we haven't even had Christmas yet, but Valentine's day will be here before we know it.   My cards aren't done in traditional valentine colors though.  Take a look.


This first card features the December Glimmer club called Floral Framed Glimmering Heart.  The large floral heart and sentiment were foiled using blush foil on Glacier cardstock.  I love the look.   The floral heart panel was die cut down to fit my card front and adhered.  I then die cut the sentiments with the included banner die and popped them up in the center of the heart.   There are also die included that die cut flowers and leaves.  I die cut a flower and leaves from the Glacier cardstock then adhered them below the sentiments.  A little blue gem was added to the flower for a finishing touch.  I'm going to post this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.


The second card also uses the December Glimmer club and the embossing folder club called Heart Blooms.  Isn't it pretty?!  I die cut the panel of Glacier cardstock and then embossed it with the folder.  I flipped the panel over because I wanted to use the debossed side.  Another look I really love!   The Glimmer club includes the solid heart and scalloped heart.   I foiled each one separately and then die cut them.  The scalloped heart had the center die cut out so I could place the solid foiled heart in the center.  I die cut additional hearts to layer in the center to give the foiled heart more dimension.  The sentiment is another die from the Glimmer club.  I really like how it embosses the sentiment into the center of the banner.  I adhered the hearts and then popped up the banner in the center. 


This card is a little departure from the other two cards in that I used a completely different color scheme.  This card will be posted to Color Throwdown as I used those colors for my card.   The December stamp and die club is called My Forever Person and features two heart images as well as images that spell out the word love.  I used the large floral heart image for this card.  I stamped it with VersaMark watermark ink and then embossed it in silver.  I did simple Copic coloring for the image and then die cut it with the matching heart shaped die.  The sentiment was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and die cut with a sentiment strip.  That was popped up in the center of the heart.  I die cut white cardstock and then embossed it with the embossing folder.  This time I used the embossed side.  


All three cards are very clean and simple, but I hope you like them.  Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

These are so pretty, Rosemary! I love the sweet floral heart. Hope you didn't get too much snow!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! What gorgeous cards Rosemary, I love the embossing folders and those sweet hearts. Beautiful work as always. We have only had our temperatures drop this last few days, oh! I don't know if I'm ready for snow as beautiful as it can be.
Faith x

Greta said...

Great use of the new products, Rosemary! That is a pretty embossing folder & I love your color choices!

TK said...

Three beauties! I love all of them, but also your great idea of flipping that e/f over!

Broni said...

Beautiful cards! Love that you used our colors for your Valentine card! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful heart cards, Rosemary! I think my fave is card one with the banners but all are lovely! Looks like a fun kit - can't wait to get mine!

Viv said...

Such beautiful Valentine's cards Rosie, just can't choose which I like best! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas also ;) hugs Viv xx