"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Happy New Year!

 Happy new year, everyone!  Can't believe it is 2024!  Where did 2023 go, lol?!  I spent the end of 2023 doing a lot of cross stitching and not a lot of cardmaking.  Kinda lost my mojo for card making, but I'm trying to get it back now as I have several projects that I need to complete in the coming days.  To help me out I decided to use the Simon Say Stamp Instagram challenge of white on white and a couple of new to me products from Poppystamps and Memory Box.  Take a look at what I made.


Poppystamps had an after Christmas sale and so I decided to take advantage of it.  One of the items I purchased the beautiful Scandinavian Snowflake Plate.  I die cut that from Memory Box glitter cardstock in a lovely off white and adhered it to my card base.   In my package from Poppystamp I received three free gifts and one of them was this fun Oval Snowman Collage die.  I die cut him from white cardstock and his hat and scarf from the off white glitter cardstock.   The sentiment is from a lovely Simon Says Stamp set called Snow Love that I got as a free gift.  Don't you just love free?  I do, lol!  I stamped the sentiment in black down in the corner.  I finished with a few white gems from Spellbinders.  I'm going to add this card to the January Poppystamps challenge of sparkle and to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of something new as the dies and stamp set are new to me!


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Happy New Year, Rosemary! Love your pretty sparkly card and was happy to spot in in the Poppy gallery. Thanks for playing along!

TK said...

Wonderful card, Rosemary! Love the off-white and white, but ADORE the coverplate and snowman die -- great freebies too

Greta said...

As I said on IG--totally adore this card, Rosemary! That glitter paper is beautiful & the snowman & snowflake dies are wonderful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What an amazing card Rosemary, I love the snowflake background and what a wonderful die cut, a super sentiment too, it's perfect.
Happy New Year.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a darling snowman atop the coverplate background, Rosemary!! I'm like you - love freebies!!

Patty Tanúz said...

Beautiful card!!!!! So elegant! good luck!

Tricia Barber said...

I love the little scene you have created with the all white, just beautiful!

Jeanne J. said...

This is clean and so stunning! The glitter is just enough contrast to show all the detail on that great die!

Rachel Duong said...

What a beautiful card in white and creme! The details really take center stage and is so elegant!