"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, September 2, 2024

Happy Monday!

 Hello everyone!  Popping in to share a card and a tag that I made with a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp's Stamptember release.  I was supposed to be part of a blog party today, but for some reason Blogger flagged the post as against community guidelines.  I got it republished, but then they flagged it again.  So, I finally deleted the post.  So very frustrating to say the least as I was never in violation of their community guidelines!  Anyway, I did want to share what I had made so here they are.


The stamp set they sent me is called You Matter and it has two pretty floral images and several individual images.  One of the image is rather long and so I decided to make something other than a A2 sized card with it.  At first I was going to make a slimline card and then I decided not to as I honestly don't like making slimline cards.  So I got out a #8 distress heavy stock tag and created what you see.  I got some of the new distress spritz sprays in a Simon Says Stamp card kit so I used those on the tag.  I laid the image on the tag so I could figure out where to spray each color of spritz, removed the image and sprayed the tag.  I let it dry and then stamped the image and the sentiments with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.  I applied clear embossing powder and heat set.  A piece of cream heavy stock was also spritzed with each color, dried and then stamped with the individual images with Nocturne ink, embossing powder applied, heat set and trimmed out.  I layered those images on the tag, added the ribbon and I was done.


For my card I placed the smaller image in my MISTI toward the bottom of the panel and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then flipped the panel and stamped the image again leaving a nice opening in the center of the panel. I stamped individual flowers on a piece of cardstock with the Tuxedo Black ink and then colored all the images with Copic markers.  The individual flowers were trimmed out and popped up.  I stamped the sentiments, trimmed out the "you" and then die cut the "matter" with a sentiment strip die.  Those were popped up in the center.  So glossy accents were added to the flower stamens and to the little berry like images.   Going to add this card to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day.

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Well that's just some crazy stuff! I'm happy you finally got to post these, Rosemary. They're both as pretty as they can be!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful tag and card, Rosemary!! Love the new flower images you used and your designs are fabulous! Sorry you had blogger troubles!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the tag, such pretty colours and design, your card is beautiful and again pretty colours and placement of the stamps, love the sentiment too. Gorgeous cards Rosemary. I'm so pleased we are able to see these, despite Blogger problems :) x

TK said...

Wonderful tag and card, both are very pretty!

Greta said...

These are both lovely, Rosemary! The tag is beautifully artsy and I love the look of the flowers on your second card!