"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, October 28, 2011

Lil' Pumpkin....

Hey there!!  Wow... it's Friday evening!  Can't believe I haven't posted anything all week but my Timeless Tuesday card!   I have actually made somethings this week, but they have all been for challenges at Splitcoaststampers and so I haven't posted them on my blog.



My card today is for the current Shabby Tea Room challenge.  The challenge this week was to make a card using the beautiful inspiration photo that incorporates the colors of black, purple and orange and twine or raffia.   For my card I used a My Favorite Things Pure Innocence set called "Lil' Pumpkin.  I'm just in love with the Pure Innocence line of stamps.  They are just soo stinkin' cute.  The layout for my card comes from this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge.   I did a bit a paper piecing, as well as coloring the image with Copic markers and then trimmed it out.  The pumpkin portion of the image was stamped a second time, colored and then a portion trimmed out.  This piece was adhered to the image using a pop dot for a bit of dimension.  I added a bit of bling as well to give it some of the sparkle that you see in the inspiration photo.  The sentiment is a SRM sticker.  I managed to get the required twine in by adding some pieces of knotted twine to the top of the pumpkin.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Royal Velvet, Plum Pudding & Vintage Cream; Gina K. Black; PP:  BasicGrey Eerie; Gems:  KaiserCraft; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Ink:  Tuxedo Black; Sticker:  SRM

15 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh she is so beautiful paper pieced like that! I LOVE those papers you used Rosemary, too awesome! I have a few of the Pure Innocence line of stamps and they really are adorable! Have a great weekend!

Elise said...

Holy PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES, Rosie! THIS is sure adorable! Look at you AND your brilliant USE of color, your COLORING and EVERYTHING clever and amazing! YOU are up to WONDERFUL stuff, as usual! xoxo!

Angelica Turner said...

Rosemary, this is so pretty. I love your choice of patterned papers and the image is so cute.

Lisa Lara said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh great paper Rosi. Love that PI. Too cute.

Cindy said...

She is as cute as can be! It's the perfect image for this challenge. What a sweet card Rosemary.

Michelle said...

adorable paper pieced girl! love the pretty papers!

JoanieMc said...

Oh, just precious! I love the layers. An awesome creation. TFS

Anonymous said...

So cute Rosemary! Love the image and the way you've paper pieced her dress. Fab papers too.
xx

Maria said...

So sweet!!! Love the little paper pieced image! Beautiful paper, too!

Christine said...

Very cute! Beautiful paper!
Christine

Unknown said...

OH my!! Such a sweet card! Great Job!!!

Greta said...

What a darling card! Love your design & the paper piecing is perfect! I love how you used the gems, too.

susanne said...

Adorable! I love the colours and patterned paper! Sending warm wishes to you Rosemarie!

Sheri said...

SUPER CUTE! Love the mix of papers! Thanks for sharing with us at the TEA ROOM this week ;-)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary those papers and the way you layered them make this a fabulous design. CUTE!