"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, October 21, 2011

Heartfelt Wishes...

(For my Flourishes Timeless Tuesday post click here.)

Hey there....  Happy Friday!   Here with a card for this week's Shabby Tea Room challenge.  The challenge this week is being hosted by my uber talented in real life friend, Cindy and she provided us with a beautiful inspiration photo.   Her other requirement for our card was to use dry embossing somewhere on your project.    The layout for my card comes from this week's Sketchbook Saturday sketch courtesy of Chupa.  If you haven't checked out her sketches, you really should because they are fabby! 




For my card I used the Hero Arts background stamp Fabulous Flourishes and inked it up with the following SU! inks:  Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron & More Mustard.  After stamping the cardstock and ink distressing the piece with Rangers Old Paper & Tea Dye inks, I ran it through my Big Shot in the SU! embossing folder Framed Tulips.  The edges were distressed a bit further with a distressing tool.   The sentiment, also from Hero Arts, was stamped using VersaFine Vintage Sepia inks.  I applied some Old Paper DI to the Prima roses to tone down the colors.  The leaves were die cut using a Sizzix die.  I finished off the card with some ivory seam binding that I colored by applying Tea Dye DI with my foam application tool.   

Thank you to everyone who left me such sweet comments on my last post!  Thankfully I'm over my migraine and getting back to normal (whatever that is!!!)!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI kraft & rustic cream; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Ink: Stampin Up! & Ranger; EF:  Stampin Up!; Seam Binding:  Stampin Up!; Flowers:  Prima

16 comments:

Michelle said...

my jaw is on the floor! this is stunning, Rosemary!

Brenda said...

Look at all that goodness going on in this card Rosemary! It's fabulous, and so is the Flourish in those colours!

Christine said...

I love the colours! Very pretty card!
Christine

Lisa Lara said...

Oh so elegant Rosi. Love those flowers.

craftieodmae said...

Oh My Stars!!!!!!!! Girl this is jaw dropping, eye popping gorgeous!!!!

Cindy said...

Rosemary - I have decided you are a Shabby girl at heart. This is amazing. The embossed edge perfectly frames this sweet design, and the color of the ribbon is gorgeous. Thank for bringing this beauty to the Tea Room!

Saints Rule! said...

Yummy Rosemary! What a lovely take on an awesome photo! ((hugs))

Lori

jintyoo7 said...

What a feast for so re eyes, Rosemary! I feel envious of it's recipient :o)

Barb said...

Goodness, this is gorgeous! Love the soft peach color of your pretty ribbon, Rosie! Gorgeous interpretation of the sketch and colors! LOVE THIS! Hope you have a fun weekend! :)

Jenny said...

This is just gorgeous Rosemary, you've totally got the shabby style going on. The embossed edges are amazing, I always shy away from the 'around the edge' EF, Have to rethink that one!
Jenny x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors.
Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my, Rosie... this is so gorgeous!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous!!! So soft and lovely! Very pretty flowers, embossing, and ribbon...great job!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors.

Elise said...

In.
A.
Word...

WOW!

This card is in my TOP, all time ROSIE favorites! Mmmmmmm, hmmmmmm!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really gorgeous colors on this card, love the layering!