"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Joy to All....

Hey there!!  Hope your week is going well.  It is cold, cold, cold here in the Pacific Northwest, but thankfully there is no rain (or snow for that matter)!    Have a card today for two challenges, CR84FN and the Paper Players that uses the current Sketchbook Saturday sketch.  I am really lovin' Chupa's sketches!  Not only is she a fantastic cardmaker... she is a mighty talented sketch designer, too!  But boo hoo!  This is the last CR84FN challenge for the year!   CR84FN is one of my favorite challenges because Mona always picks the most beautiful color trios.   So... I shall be waiting impatiently for the challenge to start again in the new year!



Anywhoo... the CR84FN colors this week are aqua, pink and coral, not traditional Christmas colors and so I thought I would combine that challenge with the Paper Players since their challenge is to create a card that either uses non-traditional colors for a Christmas/holiday card or one that uses non-traditional stamps for a Christmas/holiday card.  I think pink, aqua and coral are pretty non-traditional colors.   The patterned paper is from the lovely Cozy Xmas collection by The Scrap Cake.  The ornaments are from the SU! set Tree Trimmings and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.  The inks are all from SU! (Cameo Coral, Pool Party & Pretty in Pink).  I toned things down a bit with my favorite distress ink, Old Paper.  Another pretty simple card, but I really like it.  

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; SU! pretty in pink & pool party; Stamps:  hero arts & stampin up!; Ink:  Stampin Up!; Twine:  May Arts; Punch Fiskars Upper Crust; PP:  The Scrap Cake Cozy Xmas

34 comments:

Greta said...

Love your take on the sketch & those colors make a gorgeous Christmas card!

Barb said...

Beautiful sketch and I love what you've done with it, Rosie! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these colors too! :)

Brenda said...

It's very cold here too Rosemary! I love the colors at CR8FN this time around, I just don't have time to play. Next year! I totally love what you did with the colors and the sketch Rosemary, you really are so talented! Those colors on your ornaments are just so soft!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley gorgeous, love the ornaments!

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty Rosemary! Love these soft colors!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Rosemary I love your idea of using a portion of a border.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Wow Rosie, you chose Baby colours for a Christmas Card!; Pastel pink and the appealing warmth of Blue/Green, it is very untraditional, more luscious and sweet, but having said all of this, the card works, and is absolutely gorgeous.
Smiles:)

Alice said...

such yummy colors. love your take on the sketch, Rosemary! beautiful card!

Christine said...

Christmascard in pastelcolours! Special but I love it (more than the traditionals)
Christine

Anonymous said...

fabulous take of the sketch Rosemary! Beautiful card - the colours are lovely.
xx

Julie Marshall said...

Wow...I love this card and it's soft vintage-y feel! These colors were the perfect choice for our non-traditional theme. The linen thread/hemp twine was a great finishing touch. Love it! So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

Marie said...

Beautiful non traditional Christmas card. Great interpretation of the sketch.

Deborah Frings said...

They may not be traditional colours for Christmas, but you've made a fabulous card! These baubles look so pretty and I love the scalloped border. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Jenny said...

Um...I totally adore your card Rosemary! I wouldn't know where to start with that palette but I'm swooning over then as a Christmas card and the jute twine is so perfect too :)
Jenny x

Judy1223 said...

Wow...the definition of gorgeous! Great job!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! Love the pretty ornaments and fancy trim! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Archana said...

Very Pretty. I love the way you combined two challenges.

Tiffany Ervin said...

I adore these colors for the holidays, so beautiful!! We are freezing cold too, at least in my mind..lol...I complain when it gets below 70!! ;)

Jen Adcock said...

What sweet ornaments. I am loving what you have done with this week's colors. So festive and fabulous!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Great take on the challenge colors and our PP challenge too! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! Love the trio of ornaments! Thanks for playing along with us at CR84FN! See you next year!

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful card, Rosemary! The colors are delightfully vintage! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Rosemary, this is so pretty! I love the soft colors, the popped up ornaments and that fun border you used. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Nance Leedy said...

You've done it again Rosemary! This card is uber-gorgeous. I love the colors, the layout and all the sweet little details. Fabulous use of the sketch too! I'm so glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

Tara Bilbao said...

This is such a soft, elegant and lovely card. The colors work beautifully with those ornaments. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous! I love the soft, vintage feel of this one so much. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Chris Smith said...

What a precious card. I love your colors!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Just fabulous Rosie, LOVE these ornaments!!

Lesley said...

Wow Rosie, you have aced the challenges! I know what you mean about the colour combos, love 'em too...great card, so pretty and fresh and fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Hugs,
Lesley

Andrea M said...

Hey there Rosemary! This is AMAZING!! I am so in love with this card! Brilliant take on the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Carole Campanile said...

Wow Rosemary ... I have pulled this stamp set out many times over the last few weeks but could not come up with anything. Your card is simply gorgesou. ; this is simply gorgeous. Love the colors and the sketch challenge is perfect for those ornaments. Beautiful, lovely card.

Carole

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful, Rosemary. I love the way you've used these colors. So pretty. :) Ann

Elise said...

Yeah!!!! Another nostalgic creation! LOVE your use of these colors - ahhhhhhh - JUST outstanding! That's all! You did SO much magic with these!

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is so pretty! I love the Christmas theme with the non-traditional colors. Beautiful work!!