"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

ODBDSLC134... A Word Challenge

Hello friends!!  It is Tuesday and that means time for a new Shining the Light challenge!! This week we have a word challenge for you.   We are asking that you create your project using the letters in the word NOEL.   So... I'm going to admit right now that I had a bit of a hard time with this one and it took me some real thinking to figure out what I could do stamping-wise for the letter "O"!!    Here is what I came up with N:  Nesties; O: Over-stamping; E:  Embossing; L: Lace.


One of my favorite sets of Nesties is the Labels 21 set.  I have made several cards using the largest die in the set and decided to use them to make my card for this challenge.   I didn't want to make a Christmas card so I used the lovely ODBD set Mother Teresa.  The color combo was based on papers I pulled out of a BasicGrey 6x6 pad called Clippings.   I die cut the card from aqua cardstock and then used the largest die to create the first mat which was then embossed using the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder.  The image was stamped on white cardstock using yellow ink and then the sentiment was over-stamped with black ink.  This piece was matted with additional patterned paper.  Before adhering the stamped piece to the mats I added some lace.  A few buttons were included to finishing the card.

As always, we will be giving out a prize, a $15.00 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, December 9th at 8:00 pm EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced on Tuesday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Design images and sentiments on your projects, we would definitely love to see them if you have them!! As a way of recognizing those who do use ODBD stamps we will be choosing three or more of our participants for the Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award or join the challenge, you must use ODBD stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, December 9th at 8:00 pm EST. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword: ODBDSLC133. When creating your post on your blog, please include a direct link to the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by... please take some time to check out the beautiful projects created by my fellow "sticks" Lori, Jan Marie, Jan, Kathy,and Chris. To join in the fun, please click here

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Aqua Mist & white; PP:  BasicGrey Clippings; Stamps:  Mother Teresa; Inks:  SU! So Saffron, Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  Spellbinders Labels 21; Buttons:  PTI; Lace:  May Arts

11 comments:

Audrey Hiltke said...

OMGoodness - I can see why this nestie is one of your favorites! Your card is amazing - love the soft colors and love the quote!! What an inspiration. Blessings!

Saints Rule! said...

Wow Rosi! I love the shape you chose for this beauty... the colors... the soft stamped image behind the sentiment... YUMMY! I wish I could do details as well as you! Hugs and blessings dear friend!

Lori

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the shape and the colours are so beautiful. Caroline xxx

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Rosemary...what an awesome card...and awesome colours too!! Love how you framed the verse within the dsp/die!! Fantastic!!
Hugs

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Rosemary!! I love your soft beach-like colors and the sentiment stamped over the flower!!Gorgeous job girl!!
Hugs,
Chris

kathi17 said...

I love these colors Rosi. I think I've only used that die once. Your beautiful card makes me realize that I need to use it more. It has the perfect shape for you stamping and sentiment. I love how you added the lace and buttons too. It makes the card so warm and inviting.

Michelle said...

Rosemary, This card has such a beautiful shape! Love the colors too! The buttons and scattered dots are wonderful!

Greta said...

Wow--love everything you did here, Rosemary! I've had my eye on that Spellbinder--love this look!

Kathy said...

What a beauty, Rosemary! I love the colors you used and the fun card shape! Blessings! Kathy

Jan Marie said...

Gorgeous!! O = Outstanding or in my caes :O (OH! = mouth.open.catching. flies.drop dead.gorgeous) Love the colors, the layers, the texture on the dp, the ribon, the overstamping, the buttons, the lace, the everything!! Blessings and hugs!

Viv said...

It's fabulous Rosie :) Viv xx