"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, September 19, 2014

happy bird-day...

Hello!!  Wow... long time no see, lol!!  Well... it hasn't been that long since I last posted, but it seems like along time!  Have made a few things here and there, but this week I have felt like taking a bit of a crafty break and so I did.. until today when I actually made two different cards.  The one today is for Freshly Made Sketches and the Reverse Confetti September color challenge.


Pretty straight forward card.  I used the super fun RC set Fabulous Flamingos and the matching dies.  When RC came out with this set I had to have because I really, really, really like flamingos.  I don't have them all over my house or anything like that... just one beautiful mid-century (1940-1950) flamingo statue from Goebbels.  I found it in an antique shop about 20 years ago and had to have it.  I paid the princely sum of $95.00 for it and now it is worth ALOT of money... not that I will sell it or anything.  Anywhoo... die cut the flamingos, stamped all the little parts and adhered them to the rectangular piece (another RC die from the Class Act Confetti Cuts set) after stamping the flamingo legs and sentiment.  Adhered some yellow washi tape and then did some partial embossing of the piece.  Finished off by adding the main image panel.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps & dies:  Reverse Confetti; Ink:  Stampin Up!; Embossing folder:  Stampin Up!; Washi tape:  Stampin Up!

16 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the sentiment with the fun flamingos, Rosemary!! The design is beautiful!! Hope all is well!!
hugs,
Chris

Kristie W. said...

Cute card! Love the two toned flamingos :-)

Deepti said...

This is awesome, love those flamingoes :)

She's A Busy Girl said...

What a fun card and fabulous colors!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Anita in France said...

So fun, Rosemary ... those cute flamingoes look as though they're dancing ... fabulous with the sentiment! Anita :)

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, that yellow just pops!!!!

walchowDesign said...

Sweet card and always love it when you partial embossed your card.

Greta said...

Love this darling card--everything placed perfectly! How fun to have gotten such an item, Rosemary!

Cindy Hall said...

Love these fabulous flamingos and the sentiment! Great design and lots of dimension. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I love the washi behind the images and the stamps you used!! Really fabulous card.

Linda Beeson said...

Simply adorable

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely adorable card! I love your flamingos and the sentiment is so sweet! Love how you added the Washi, too! Your are really Rockin' these challenges with another fabulous card, Rosemary!

Cindy Lovell said...

Such a pretty card!! Love the beautiful flamingos and the tape!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Kelly S. said...

Sooo cute!! I don't know if I've seen flamingos on a card before, and they are perfect for a bird-day :)! Love the bits of yellow gingham washi tape that is so sunny in the background!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and love those flamingos!!