"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 21, 2016

a butterfly...

Hello friends!!   Popping in with a card that I managed to put together for a few challenges.  It has been tough (again) lately to find the time and the energy to create.  I am so ready for the cold, wind and rain to be gone and for some nice warm weather to show up!!  Initially I was just going to enter this into the current Color Throwdown challenge, as well as the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge, but I think I will also enter this in the current Less is More challenge to use texture.  My card isn't super CAS, but I hopefully it will pass muster with the ladies at LIM!  I die cut the solid butterfly and then stamped it with coordinating images from the SU! set Watercolor Wings using Cherry Cobbler ink.  The second butterfly was die cut from light grey cardstock and then adhered to the first butterfly.  I added in the texture by coloring some embossing paste using SU!'s Smoky Slate and then applying it to my card using a Memory Box stencil called Chic Chevrons.   A strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock was punched on one side with a scalloped border punch and adhered to the panel with the texture paste.  Added the butterfly and a sentiment from Altenew's Label Love and I was done.  Pretty simple, but it took me the better part of a day to complete!  Wow...I am sure getting slow at card making, lol!!


Thanks for stopping by today...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, white, SU! Cherry Cobbler; Stamps:  SU! Watercolor Wings, Altenew Label Love; Inks:  SU! Smoky Slate, Cherry Cobbler, SU! border punch, Memory Box stencil; SU! butterfly dies; embossing paste

26 comments:

Esther said...

Very stylish! Love the colour combination and the effect of the chevrons in the background.

Jen Timko said...

Fabulous! Love the striking colors and those chevrons! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card! I love the chevron element you used in the background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Greta said...

Glad you were able to do some crafting, Rosemary! This is so gorgeous & modern looking with the wonderful color combo & sketch! I do admire your talent, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Another of your beautiful collage cards!! FABULOUS Rosemary!

Karren said...

This is so beautiful! You've used the colors and sketch to perfection!

Amy O said...

What a beautiful butterfly and I love the chevron background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

baileyrosy.com said...

Gorgeous card and even though it has a few layers looks beautifully CAS to me. Love the grey and the fantastic placement.

Marie

Sarah G said...

The coloured paste creates a great background for the gorgeous butterfly. This is a lovely colour combo too!

Kelly S. said...

So beautiful! I was wondering how you got the splash of grey on there, so cool that the PASTE is grey leaving the white chevrons, love it!! The layered butterfly is fabulous :)

Lexxie said...

A really beautiful design, I love it,
Sarita xx

Chrissie said...

I just love this design Rosemary... the colours are wonderful too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Rosemary!!!
I've just spotted your card in the FMS gallery and realised that I did not get the e-mail to inform me of this post!!! Oh, boy, that happens often these days that I'm not notified of posts on the blogs that I follow!!!! I will check over the next few days to make sure that I don't miss out on any of your posts!!!!
Your card is simply stunning!!!! Love the BEAUTIFUL butterfly against the chevron bg and the way you used the colours are wonderful!!!! The little scalloped border is so pretty!!!!! This is such a great card, I'm sure it's going to be one of the winners!!!! Love it!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the texture of the embossing paste and that wonderful butterfly!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

Anita in France said...

Simply gorgeous, Rosemary ... such fab texture ... and what a wonderful layered butterfly! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Hi, Rosemary, me again, just to say that I got the e-mail for the post now, so it just took some time to arrive!!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh love love how you layered Rosi. Such a cool card. I just love it.

walchowDesign said...

Stylish card! You used the colours beautifully and love how you layered the butterflies! Sending you sunshine and take care!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Superb detail, fantastic colours and a beautiful design and texture, thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Martha said...

This is simply beautiful, Rosemary.
I love the color combination.

Unknown said...

Just love your card. Karen x

Paradise Stamper said...

Congrats on being picked for FMS! What a beautiful card! I love your blog and all your card designs!

Greta said...

Congrats, Rosemary! Just saw your win at FMS!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card - well deserved win. COngratulations :-)

Kathyk said...

Just gorgeous - fab way to build texture

Kathyk

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, what a super texture card! Love the colours, really stylish.
Thanks for joining our challenge
Anne
"Less is More"