"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

pti may blog hop... so happy..

{if you want to see my AJVD post, please click here}
Hey friends!! I'm so happy to be popping in with a card for the current PTI blog hop.  I'm still not 100% with my shoulder so I went the easy route and used some of the die cuts that come in the PTI Mini Make It Market kit Color Pop:  Butterflies.  I took my inspiration from the overall design and pulled out some of the colors, blue, yellow and teal.  A quick wash of light yellow was brushed onto some watercolor cardstock.  Once that was dry I die cut the piece and then added my butterflies.  The die cut sentiment from Color Pop: Butterflies was die cut from a light grey cardstock twice, adhered together and then adhered over the top of the middle row of the butterflies.   The panel was then adhered to a card base made from the same light grey cardstock.  I also going to post this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  Thank you to everyone who stopped by my blog to let me know they were thinking of me as I recover from my shoulder surgery and a special thank you to my sweet bloggy friend, Lisa.  I received one of Lisa's beautiful shaker cards in the mail shortly after my surgery and it brought a huge smile to my face and really brightened my day!  Thanks, Lisa!! You are awesome!!



Thanks for stopping by today...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog; Dies and die cut:  PaperTrey Ink; Ranger watercolor cardstock; Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors

23 comments:

Greta said...

Absolutely perfect card for the Blog Hop, Rosemary--LOVE this card! So glad you were able to make a card & hope you continue to improve every day!

Martha said...

Rosemary, your card is simply beautiful. Fabulous take on the challenge.

Take care!
HUGS! ♥

Sadie said...

Very cute card. Love how you layered the grey die cut sentiment over those nicely done butterflies!

Barb Kirkwood said...

These are my favorite butterflies and you did a great job mirroring the challenge.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Love the pretty blue butterflies against the soft yellow backdrop!

Carmela said...

Very beautiful butterflies. Love the colors of your card!

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to see you getting crafty Rosemary!! This is beautiful. It's a perfect summery card. I'm so happy you are doing well and that my card gave you a smile, mission accomplished!! Hugs!!

Darnell said...

You did an amazing job considering you are recovering from shoulder surgery, Rosemary! I hope your healing is speedy and smooth! Hugs, Darnell

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! Love the colors and your design! Beautifully done!

Vikki H said...

Great card and perfect background to show off the die cuts! Glad you could join the hop!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Rosemary! Love the yellow wash background with the blue butterflies!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! I love your soft yellow water colored background...the perfect backdrop for your gorgeous blue butterflies! Love the gray die cut sentiment too...perfect take on the inspiration photo!! And glad to hear you're healing too!! :0)

Diana K said...

Gah, Rosemary! You've gone and made another gorgeous card! Love, love, love the blue and yellow colour scape you used.

Kelly S. said...

I love how the shades of blue butterflies pop on that sunshine background! So pretty!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love your wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Anita in France said...

How gorgeous, Rosemary ... those blue butterflies are simply gorgeous against the delicate yellow wash! Hugs, Anita :)

Patti said...

Amazing background to highlight your sweet butterflies!

Patti

Gina said...

These blue butterflies are stunning! What a beautiful card for the hop!

Maureen said...

You are rockin' the mini kit!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! The soft watercolor background really makes those gorgeous butterflies pop!

Lyn said...

Loving this card very much so beautiful <3

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the inking of the blue background! Everything is spot on, Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, what stunning butterflies, Rosemary!!! The colours are so beautiful and the soft yellow bg is so perfect to have them really shine!!!! Simply gorgeous!!!!
Hugz