"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

simply amazing...

Hey friends!  Popping in with a card to share.  For this card I used the first sketch for the May Viva la Verve sketch challenge and the inspiration photo/color combo for the May Verve diva inspiration challenge.  Since it has a flower on it I will also be posting it to the current Simon Says Stamp challenge to use flowers.   I used some fun polka dot patterned paper from Echo Park in two of the colors in the combo and then threw in some stripes from a My Favorite Things paper pad to break up all the polka dots.  The stamp set I used is the Verve set Simply Amazing.  The flowers were stamped in orange ink on the patterned paper and then die cut with the corresponding dies.  The little flower center was die cut from yellow polka dot paper and then all three were layered together.  All the squares and rectangles were die cut using various dies (A Jillian Vance Design and Spellbinders).  Since there is some metal in the inspiration photo I die cut the word amazing cut from brushed gold cardstock using the amazing die from the Verve Amazing Adjective word dies.  I cut the word several more times from plain cardstock and then adhered them together.  Stamped the sentiment on the square and then layered everything up.  One of those cards that I wasn't wild about when I finished it, but it is growing on me.   Having surgery on my right shoulder this Friday (yep... Friday the 13th!) and so there won't be much card making for me until probably this time next week! 
Thanks for stopping by...


Supplies:  Cardstock:  white; light teal, brushed gold (MFT); patterned paper:  Echo Park and My Favorite Things; Stamps: Verve; Dies:  Verve, A Jillian Vance Design and Spellbinders; Inks:  Memento Tangelo; VersaFine Onyx Black

16 comments:

Greta said...

Love that flower & the beautiful gold word--great card, Rosemary! You'll be in my thoughts on Friday--wishing you a speedy recovery!

Petra Swart said...

Love all the polka dots combined with the stripes, Rosemary!!!!! The colours are lovely and the die cut word in gold is lovely!!!! Beautifully done!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

D- said...

Your card is amazing. LoVe it. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

This is so sweet!

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a colorful & lovely card this is. I love the pretty papers & design.

HUGS! ♥

Lisa Elton said...

Polka dots and a pretty pop of gold ~ SWOON!! Best of luck with your surgery Rosemary. I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers that all goes well. Wishing you a very speedy recovery!!

Karren said...

These patterns look fabulous together and that die-cut sentiment is awesome!

walchowDesign said...

Great combination of the polka dots and stripes and love the pop of the cold! I will be thinking of you and wishing you speedy recovery, Rosemary!

Lesley said...

I love that gold diecut word! This is a very pretty card, Rosemary! Thank you so much for joining us at Viva la Verve!

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, great papers and love that pretty flower too. I hope the surgery is over now and that everything went well. Take care of yourself now ;) hugs Viv xx

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the photo and sketch!

Barb Ghig said...

Really sweet card, Rosemary! I love how you paired your patterned papers, and your gold foil die cut sentiment is fabulous!

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Rosemary ... the polka dots with the stripes are fabulous ... and I love that shimery gold sentiment! Do hope the surgery went well yesterday ... keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Anita :)

Gayatri said...

Amazing card. Love the combination of patterns. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Flowers Challenge.
Gayatri xx

Carmela said...

Love the clean design of your card. Very nice response to the challenge.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous! Love the dots and stripes and I think I need to go pull out some shiny gold cardstock today! Thanks for joining us for our Diva Inspirations and VLV challenges!