"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, May 25, 2017

PTI May Blog Hop...

Hello!!  Stopping in with a card for today's PTI blog hop.  The inspiration photo is beautiful but I must admit that I really struggled with this one.  Tried several ideas last night, but came up with nothing.  After looking through the cards that have been posted I was finally able to come up with my card.  It is interesting to me how differently everyone sees the colors in the inspiration piece.  Me... I see blues and gray/greens in the leaves, as well as peach and a ruby red.  After trying a few different sets I finally went with PTI's Friendly Flowers.  I used PTI's Ocean Tides and MFT Cornflower for the leaves and Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe for the large flower and a Hero Arts red for the small flowers.  After stamping everything with my MISTI I added in the little dots with a small acrylic block and a little stamp that came with the set.  The sentiment was stamped in black and then I added dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in Morning Dew.  The panel was adhered to an Ocean Tides cardstock base.  Super simple and now I have another birthday card to add to my stash!!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white and Ocean Tides; Stamps: PTI; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  PTI, Hero Arts and VersaFine; Nuvo Crystal Drops

20 comments:

Marybeth said...

Hi Rosemary! This is so pretty and I love the stamp choice!

Sadie said...

Your card is simple but so pretty!! Love the way you laid the flowers diagonally across the white front. Nicely done..

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Pretty card. You captured the inspiration!!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is wonderful, Rosemary! Never crossed my mind to use Friendly Flowers & I actually bought that set because of a card you made long ago! Pinning this so maybe I'll use it more--never have used the little dots & they're a wonderful element here!

Kathryn A said...

Love this! I haven't used this stamp set in awhile, but you're making me thin I should. Your two-toned leaves are especially wonderful.

lainey said...

Your card is lovely! I struggled with this challenge too since the inspiration photo didn't do a thing for me. lol

Nancy Penir said...

Simple but totally elegant! So glad you chose this set, it looks wonderful with your design and color choices. Beautiful!

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Rosie
your photograph always so adorable
and this flower stamp you have is totally beauty
great colors always
your card always beautiful and winning card for my eyes
I join too PTI Blog hop so so happy if you like to visit my card..its here
http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2017/05/pti-mayblog-hop-challenge-card-and-one.html
hugs

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfect choice of images Rosemary!! This is so pretty!

Marcia Hill said...

Fabulous stamp choice Rosemary...I simply adore the leaves in that set!! Your flowers and color choices are so pretty...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

tonyamaries said...

This is so lovely! Great colors and layout!

paperkicks said...

Gorgeous card, Rosemary!! Love the CASe design!!

Betty Neville said...

Very pretty card! Love how you stamped your leaves!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous, love the design!

Canonbury creations said...

So pretty Rosie, love the layout x

Cindy Beach said...

What an elegant beautiful card. Saw it first on Instagram posted by Pqpertrey Ink. Way to go, Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration, Rosemary! Just love your flower arrangement and colors!!

Imke said...

Beautiful flowers, Rosemarie. I also have this Set and i am alwayz grateful for Inspiration.

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty!

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Rosemary ... love how you've done the leaves with the variegated colour ... such a fabulous look! Hugs, Anita :)