"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, May 28, 2017

two cards to share...

Hello!!!  Got a couple of cards to share today.  First up is a card for the current Essentials by Ellen pin-sights challenge.  I pulled out Mondo Peonies and embossed the largest flower on watercolor paper using platinum embossing powder.   I checked the color palette for the pin-sights challenge and pulled out the light purple color for my flower.  I used a light purple ZIG and did some simple watercoloring.  Once the flower was mostly dry I trimmed it out with my scissors.  Since the flower wasn't completely dry when it was trimmed out as it finished drying it curled up a bit which looks really pretty in real life.   The layout is based on the sketch at Fab Friday.   I partially embossed the top portion of my white cardstock piece before layering on a strip of light blue vellum and a strip of gold glitter cardstock.  The flower was then layered on top to finish.  I thought about a sentiment but decided to put one on the inside at a later date and just let the flower be the star of the show.  I think I will also post this to the current Time Out challenge.


The second card is for the current MFT sketch challenge, as well as the current MFT color challenge.  I will admit to having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use the colors in the MFT palette, but finally came up with this card.  I pulled out the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set and stamped the butterflies using the Orange Fizz and Persimmon colors.   The frame was die cut from Grout Gray cardstock using my Spellbinders square dies.   The top panel was watercolored using a two blue ZIGs and then trimmed down with a border die once the panel was dry.   I attached the panel with some removable adhesive so I could get the sentiment from the You Give Me Butterflies stamp set in the right spot and stamped on the card base.  I then attached the panel, the frame and the butterflies.  I finished things off with some Nuvo Jewel Drops in Sea Breeze.



Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  white, SSS fog; MFT grout gray, Ranger watercolor, light blue vellum, MFT gold glitter; Stamps:  Essentials by Ellen, My Favorite Things; Dies:  Spellbinders, A Jillian Vance Design; Nuvo Jewel Drops; Inks:  MFT Orange Fizz, PTI Terra Cotta Tile; VersaFine Smoky Gray; Watercolor medium:  ZIGs

13 comments:

Greta said...

That flower is stunning, Rosemary & I love the blue vellum strip! That is a difficult color combo for MFT, but you came up with a great way to make it work! Love the butterflies with the soft blue background & that border is really neat! Enjoy the rest of the weekend, my friend!

Heather said...

Wow, what's not to love about that gorgeous flower with touches of gold - such a sweet color scheme! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Anita in France said...

The bold colours on those delicate butterflies are fabulous against the light blue, Rosemary ... and that wonderful, softly watercoloured bloom is gorgeous, the gold and vellum strips complement it beautifully! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Cindy Beach said...

Your cards are so pretty, Rosemary! I love the soft colors of the gorgeous flower paired with gold embossing and glitter paper. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Joyce said...

These are both gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

HJ said...

Love both cards. The big beautiful peony and the butterflies are great colors and card designs. Have a great rest of your long weekend.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty flower, such and elegant card!! And the butterflies are wonderful. I saw a tiny orange butterfly in our backyard today! Love them both Rosemary!

Gerrina said...

Great colours and such a beautiful design! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful cards! Love your flower, the soft colors are so pretty and your butterflies look amazing! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Nancy said...

Your designs are always the perfect example of CAS. I enjoy them so much. I never seem to enter color challenges. I can't get it right, but your card is a beauty!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards, Rosemary - especially love the jumbo blossom!!

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful color palette to show off that lovely peony! The gold really highlights the delicate petals! The flower is perfect for the circle element of our sketch! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Greta said...

Yah--just saw that MFT noticed your butterfly card! Well-deserved shout-out, my friend--you should be on their DT!