"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 22, 2017

i'll never leaf you...

Hello!!  Wow... we had a wet and wild weekend!!  But thankfully it cleared up enough for the boys and me to get a few more pumpkins for our front porch and to have a little trip out to one of our favorite spots.  It was fun to head out of town in up more toward the mountains and to see all the trees in their full autumn glory!  It made me think of the current inspiration photo from the Card Concept.  When I saw the gorgeous fall wedding cake in the photo I just knew I had to play along! My card would fit in the Classy and Elegant or Clean and Simple categories.  I was inspired by all the leaves on the beautiful white cake.    I used the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, as well.  I inked up a piece of white cardstock with Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade distress oxide inks.  I then die cut two leaves from the AJVD Grand Leaf Trio set set and a small leaf from the AJVD Leaves & Petals die set from the piece.   The leaves were then inked with Fired Brick, Vintage Photo and a bit more Wild Honey distress oxide inks.  I absolutely love those inks for blending!!  A piece of white cardstock was trimmed down to fit the card front, then die cut in half using an AJVD Elegant Stitched Border die.  I then cut the pieces down further with the largest AJVD Stitched Dot Rectangle die so that all the edges matched.  The sentiment is from the AJVD stamp set Be-Leaf in Yourself.  I arranged the leaves on the two pieces so I could get a good placement for the sentiment and then stamped it with my MISTI.  The leaves were added along with some red, yellow and orange dew drops.   I will also add this to the current Dies R Us challenge to use leaves on your project.   Can I just say that I am beyond pleased with how this card turned out???  I just love it!!  I'm going to add this to Lea Lawson's Crafty Come Back Party Day 8 link up.




Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps and dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Distress Oxide and VersaFine Vintage Sepia; Robins Nest dew drops

15 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love your beautiful leaves and perfect sentiment! Lovely card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty leaves! The dew drops are the perfect accent. This is extra pretty Rosemary!

Darlene said...

Oh yes, you should be pleased! This is a GORGEOUS card! Love your design and those leaves are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Leaves’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Sherri said...

This card is absolutely stunning! I adore your CAS design and the leaves are just fabulous!! This is truly a "WOW" card! Thanks for sharing it for our "Leaves" challenge at Dies R Us!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the dimensional leaves, Rosemary! Great design too!!

Amy O said...

Oh, those leaves are beautiful, and I love your pun-ny sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Greta said...

Wow!! This is one outstanding card, my friend! The leaves are gorgeous & I love the unique look with the background panels & the wonderful dew drops!

Cindy Beach said...

This is beautiful! The die cuts are gorgeous and I love the way the leaves are snuggled between the rectangles. Yes, we used the same inks...great minds.

Jen Timko said...

These leaves are simply extraordinary! What a gorgeous card...you were clearly inspired by the fall beauty you saw over the weekend. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Lori said...

Gorgeous leaves! Such a pretty take on the inspiration photo. Fun sentiment. Love your fall card!

Greta said...

So glad you're the FMS winner, Rosemary! The DT was right on this time!

Vicki Finger said...

Such a clean, simple yet beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this challenge!

Becca Cruger said...

This is ridiculously gorgeous and I now have to overwhelming urge to go buy those stitched leaves. <3 Sooooo pretty. Thank you for playing along at The Card Concept!

Anita in France said...

Simply gorgeous, Rosemary ... delicious blended colour ... and such fantastic dimension ... just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing