"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, October 14, 2017

joyful holiday greetings...

Hello!!!  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  Stopping in with a card I put together this morning for the current Merry Monday Christmas challenge.  They have a lovely sketch this week.   I have been in a bit of a creative funk, again, so I thought using the sketch would help.  I have lots of fun new stamps and dies, but just can't seem to get anything going... maybe I have too much stuff???!!! Anyway... I thought making something simple might help so I turned to Merry Monday since I need to get started on some Christmas cards.  I have never used my Make It Market Mini Kit:  Holiday Folk and since it comes with a sheet of images you can die cut and use I thought that would make things easy, but it turned out I was wrong, lol!  I still struggled to get something made!   I was going to use some of the patterned papers that come in the kit, but decided that none would work for the top panel so I inked up some PTI Fresh Snow linen cardstock with Broken China distress oxide ink and then flicked on water to create a look of snow falling.  That panel and a piece of the patterned paper from the kit were die cut along with the images.  I laid out where I wanted the die cuts and then stamped the sentiment.  Layered everything up and finally... I had a card made!!!   Here's to hoping I can get something else made, lol!!


Have a wonderful day...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PaperTrey Ink; Stamps:  PaperTrey Ink; Dies:  PaperTrey Ink and AJVD; Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black and Ranger Distress Oxide

11 comments:

Ein Dekoherzal in den Bergen said...

sehr süße EINTEILUNG
UND das MOTIV GEFÄLLT MIR sehr gut,,,

WÜNSCHE noch einen schönen ABEND
bis bald die BIRGIT

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your splattered background, Rosemary! Perfect with your sweet holiday icons!!

Greta said...

Well it certainly came out darling, Rosemary! Your snowy background is amazing! My water splats never come out like this!

Anita in France said...

Love the folk art look of this sweet cluster of Christmas-sy elements, Rosemary ... seems as though the bear is looking up and admiring that fabulous snowy background ... not surprising really, it's subtle and lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Je@net said...

Wow....what a beautiful card, Rosemary!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is beautiful Rosemary! LOVE!!!!!!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

Unknown said...

Rosemary this is stunning... so happy you joined us this week over at Merry Monday Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

I think it turned out great Rosemary! This is lovely. I just pulled this set out the other day. I haven't used it either and decided to put it to use this year!

Canonbury creations said...

A great success Rosie, love the snowy background and the darling bear and penguin! BTW you can never have too much crafting stash 😂 xx

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you used that cool kit Rosi and awesome background panels.

Lori said...

Very sweet Christmas card! Love the splattered background - it's such a lovely color. Love how you clustered the tree, bear and penguin!