"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, April 20, 2018

two cards to share...

Hello!  I'm popping in with a couple of cards that I made over the last few days.  I did some watercoloring on both cards.  First up is a card for the current My Favorite Things sketch challenge.  I pulled out the super cute MFT/Birdie Brown Rain or Shine stamp set and colored up one of the sweet little girls from the set using ZIG clean color real brush markers.  I used VersaFine CLAIR in Morning Mist for the stamping.  Once she was done I die cut her with the matching die.  I then watercolored up a small piece of watercolor paper with a dark blue from my Kuretake Gansai Tambi set and die cut a circle from that once it was dry.  The little water splashes were stamped on the scrap left over from the die cutting the circle and then die cut as well.  I used the MFT Mini Raindrop stencil to add raindrops using Ranger texture paste in transparent gloss.  The sentiment was stamped on vellum with watermark ink, embossed in white and die cut with the MFT Slanted Sentiment die.  Once the texture paste was dry I layered up everything on a white cardstock panel and adhered it to a dark blue cardstock base.

The second card is for the April Altenew Inspiration challenge as well as Freshly Made Sketches.  I had wanted to use my Chrysanthemum Build a Flower set, but the colors weren't working for me with the solid images so I fell back on my Coral Charm BAF set and did a little watercoloring using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. I pulled my colors from the photos to get that softer look. Once they were dry I die cut the flowers with the matching dies.  To bring in some of the dark blue I splattered my white panel with dark blue paint and embossed the sentiment on dark blue cardstock in white.   Once everything was dry I layered up the flowers, leaves and sentiment per the sketch.  To finish I added some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins in two sizes for a little sparkle.  Will be adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of sparkle and shine.



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card 1:  Cardstock:  white, medium blue, Canson watercolor paper, vellum; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist, VersaMark watermark ink; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color markers, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors; Texture Medium:  Ranger Texture Paste; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts

Card 2:  Cardstock:  white, dark blue, Canson watercolor paper; Stamps:  Altenew; Dies:  Altenew and A Jillian Vance Design; Watercolor medium:  Kuretake Gansai Tambi; Inks:  VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist, VersaMark watermark ink; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts

9 comments:

Greta said...

You are such an amazing talent, Rosemary! 2 more cards that look like they're made by someone doing this as a business! The raindrops on the first one are a great use of the sketch & it's just too cute! The second one is an absolute stunner--a gift itself!

Nancy said...

I agree with Greta, you are rocking theses cards. Both are so sweet. My thinking process can take dasys. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for playing along and joining the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.

Tracy Freeman said...

Rosemary they are both so pretty, but that first one is just so utterly adorable, i love it.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great weekend x

Viv said...

Aww what a sweet little girl Rosie,great card.Also loving your flower one, of course too, such delicate colouring ;) hugs Viv xx

Lisa Elton said...

Two amazing cards Rosemary! The first is as cute as cute can be and the floral card...stunning!!

Anita in France said...

What a sweet little image, Rosemary ... and just the loveliest sentiment to go along with her ... so cute! Beautiful blooms ... so striking! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fabulous cards, Rosemary! Such a sweetie with umbrella on card one and two beautiful blossoms on card two!!

Kim S said...

Fabulous fresh cards!! Gorgeous coloring on the flowers - love them with the dark sprinkles and sentiment strip! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.