"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 2, 2018

yay! yay! yay!

Hello!  Hope you are having a wonderful week!  We are having lovely weather this weekend which is awesome for the Pacific Northwest at the beginning of June!   The other day I found some time to do a little coloring and created this card for several challenges:  MFT sketch challenge and birthday project challenge (cupcakes & candles) and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge (anything goes).    I'm not a huge "critter" person... meaning I don't own a lot of stamp sets that feature animals, but when I saw the super cute Birdie Brown Birthday Chicks stamp set I had to have it.  I mean seriously who can resists those sweet little chicks?!  Not me, lol!  I stamped the images on Canson watercolor paper with Ranger Old Paper distress ink so I could start to figure out the whole no line watercoloring thing.  Obviously you can still see a very light line, but you have start somewhere, right?  All the images were colored with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers and clean water.  Once the images were mostly dry I die cut them with the matching dies.   I used a MFT Fishtail Flag stax die to create my banners.   It was a bit of a trick to get all the dies the same length, but I got it worked out... thankfully.  Since this card is going to be going to my great niece who is turning 2 at the end of the month I decided to use some soft pink cardstock for the main panel and I really like how it turned out.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! white and pink; Canson watercolor; Ink:  Ranger distress ink; Stamps:  My Favorite Things; Dies:  My Favorite Things and A Jillian Vance Design; Watercolor Medium:  ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers

7 comments:

Golda said...

What a sweet card! Those are great birthday images.

Greta said...

Your coloring is great & what an adorable card for a 2 yr old, Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I'm a lover of chick stamps - have a bunch and can't resist buying more! Just love your sweet trio, Rosemary - perfect interpretation of the sketch with the flags!!

Kara Lynne said...

Aw, Rosemary, that is so sweet! They look so soft with your no line coloring and that pink is precious with them

Lisa Elton said...

Popping in with a quick hi Rosemary! This reno is taken up all of my spare time and cramping my blogging style LOL!! I took a peek back at all of your marvelous little works of art that I've missed. Hope to be back on track with regular visits soon!

Anita in France said...

Adorable little chicks frolicking about on that sweet pink block background, Rosemary ... fabulous no line colouring ... and so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

debby4000 said...

Oh those chicks are so cute and you made a brilliant card with them.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Debby