"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, June 22, 2018

sparkly birds...

Hello!  The weekend is upon us and I have a bright and sparkly card to share today.  It was super hard to take a photo of this card and capture all the sparkle on the birds.  I will be posting this to the Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge of sparkle and shine and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of bright and cheerful.  I have some glitter paper that I got from Stampin Up! and it is super sparkly, but unfortunately it sheds... a lot!  I pulled out a piece of the green and die cut the birds using the C9 By Your Side bird die.  The neat thing about the By Your Side bird die is that if you die cut it from an A2 size panel it gives you the ability to slip a smaller panel of cardstock behind it or you can trim out the die cut and use it that way.  I decided to trim it out.  A piece of white cardstock was stamped with the C9 Barnwood Background stamp using Catherine Pooler's Limoncello ink and then trimmed down.  I placed the panel in my MISTI, positioned the birds where I wanted them, placed my sentiment where I wanted it and then stamped it with Nocturne VersaFine CLAIR ink.  The birds were popped up with foam tape and the panel adhered to a white card base.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up! white, green glitter cardstock; Stamps and dies:  Concord & 9th; Inks:  VersaFine CLAIR and Catherine Pooler


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is wonderful Rosemary! Your sparkly birds are pretty!

Greta said...

Love this beautiful, sparkly card, Rosemary! Great design with the big sentiment under the die cut!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! I love the wood grain background and the sparkle looks so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - your pair of sparkly birdies looks amazing, Rosemary! I love the background behind them too!!

Anita in France said...

What a delicious woodgrain background, Rosemary ... those shimmery, sparkly birds are looking so at home there! Wonderful! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen B. said...

The woodgrain is a perfect background for the two birds! Thanks (belatedly) for joining the WCMC9 Challenge!