"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, October 19, 2018

let your dreams...

Hey there!  Hope all is well in your world.   I'm popping in with a card for two challenges:  The Card Concept and Fusion.  Both challenges happen to have a similar feel to them... non-traditional Halloween/Fall and so I thought I would combine them on my card.  I did not use pumpkins (which are featured in both inspiration photos), but feathers.  As a nod toward the Card Concept photo I stamped my feathers (from the February My Monthly Hero kit) in two shades of pink and then inked up portions of each feather with VersaMark watermark ink, applied gold embossing powder and then heat set.  A piece of white cardstock was die cut and then splattered with a light blue/green acrylic paint that I thinned down with water.   When the panel was dry I arranged my feathers per the sketch from the Fusion challenge.  The sentiment was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist ink.  To bring in the crystals found on one of the pumpkins in the Card Concept photo and the color blue from the Fusion photo I added Pretty Pink Posh light blue crystals randomly around the feathers.   I'm going to admit that I often struggle with the categories at the Card Concept, but I think this one would fit into the Clean and Layered category.


Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT smooth white; Stamps:  Hero Arts; Dies:  A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up!, VersaFine CLAIR, VersaMark; Arcylic paint: Plaid FolkArt; Crystals:  Pretty Pink Posh

8 comments:

Greta said...

What a neat use of the inspiration, Rosemary! Beautiful pink & gold feathers!

Christine said...

The pink and gold feathers are stunning! Love the way the cascade down the card and are accented by the pretty blue splatter!

Anita in France said...

Those 'gold dipped' feathers cascading down your card are gorgeous, Rosemary ... I do love the contrast of the texture-y aqua splatter, so contemporary and delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Wanda Cullen said...

What a clever take on the Fusion photo! Love your cascading feathers with the touch of gold!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, those pretty gold dipped feathers softly cascading down your card are divine! Love this Rosemary!

Michelle Lupton said...

Lovely card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :)

Jeanne J. said...

Wow those feathers are so soft and elegant and I love the gold! It adds such elegance!

Creating with Susan said...

This. Is. GORGEOUS!! Those feathers are so soft and pretty and elegant. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.