"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 13, 2019

love you...

Hello there!  I have another Valentine's day card to share.  Most months I barely get a card made for the Reverse Confetti stock your stash challenge, but this month I have managed to get two done!  Yay me, lol!  I combined the stock your stash challenge with the current Fusion challenge to make my card.  I used both the layout and the colors from the inspiration photo for my card.  I did some simple watercoloring on some watercolor paper with a blue and purple ZIG marker and then die cut the RC Heart Love Pretty Panel from that when it was dry.  I die cut a second one from some scrap paper to make it a little more substantial because I decided that I wanted to create a shaker element with the die cut.   Cutting the foam tape thin enough was a little tricky, but I managed to get it done in most spots.   I adhered my die cut pretty panel to some acetate and then trimmed it out when everything was dry.   A simple strip of blue gingham patterned paper was adhered to a white cardstock base, I added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and then adhered the panel over the top.  For the butterflies (die cut using the Butterfly Dreams Confetti Cuts) I did some additional simple watercoloring with blue, purple and pink ZIGs and when the paper was dry die cut the butterflies.  The largest one was stamped with the word you (I used part of a sentiment from the Whole Lotta Thanks stamp set) using VersaFine CLAIR ink in Nocturne and adhered to the shaker element.  I then arranged the rest of the butterflies. In retrospect I think I should have arranged the butterflies differently, but I still like how it turned out.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white; watercolor paper; Paper:  gingham patterned paper; Stamps and dies:  Reverse Confetti; Ink:  VersaFine CLAIR; Watercolor Medium:  ZIG Clean Color Real Brush makers; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh; Acetate

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty little butterflies fluttering across your card! This is lovely Rosemary!

TK said...

So pretty! Your watercolored elements are just gorgeous!

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful & unique, Rosemary! Love that you made it a shaker!

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful watercoloring with your Zig markers, Rosemary...your butterflies are so pretty! You did an amazing job combining the sketch and inspiration photo, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion...we always enjoy seeing your cards in the gallery!

Anita in France said...

I think the butterflies are just right the way they are, Rosemary ... it seems the heart shaker element is part of their flutter! So, so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)