"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 27, 2019

more cards to share!

Hello!  Hope you had a good weekend!  This weekend I got the opportunity to make three cards!  For me that is absolutely amazing because for months I was lucky if I got three cards made in the course of a week!    First up is a card that I have made for the current Fusion challenge.  They have a cute inspiration photo of penguins so I immediately thought of the Simon Says Stamp January card kit.   The kit came with the super cute Snow Much stamp set that has two different penguin images in it.  I used the larger one.  Because I used patterned papers that came in the kit I decided to stamp my penguin in dark blue ink (Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist) to coordinate with those colors.  A little heart was stamped on the penguin's chest in the same blue ink, colored with a red marker and then covered with Glossy Accents.  I added googly eyes, as well.  Once everything was dry I trimmed out the penguin.  A piece of patterned paper was trimmed and adhered to a white cardstock base per the Fusion sketch.  Another piece of the coordinating paper was die cut with a banner die (from Verve), stamped with the sentiment in the same dark blue ink and adhered to the card base.  I then adhered the little penguin with foam tape.  Also adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of have a heart.


The second card is for the MFT sketch challenge and the MFT color challenge.  I used the MFT Beautiful Butterflies and Amazing stamp sets for my card.   The butterfly was stamped using PTI Winter Wisteria and Catherine Pooler Black Jack inks and die cut with the matching die.  Black Jack isn't black it is actually a dark gray similar to the gray in the MFT color challenge.  Some light pink cardstock was die cut with the MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Oval die set.   The sentiment was stamped in Black Jack and then die cut with an MFT fishtail flag stax die.   I trimmed some white cardstock per the sketch and adhered that to a light gray cardstock base.  The oval was adhered along with the sentiment strip and then I added the butterfly with some foam tape.   Super excited that I was actually able to participate in the MFT sketch challenge two weeks in a row!



Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Card 1: Cardstock:  MFT white; Patterned paper:  Echo Park; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Dies:  Verve; Ink:  Catherine Pooler

Card 2:  Cardstock:  MFT white; SSS pink and light gray; Stamps and dies:  MFT; Inks:  Catherine Pooler and Simon Says Stamp

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little penguin and I love his google-y eyes! Your second card is just lovely. I think it works for this week's Paper Players challenge too, you should check it out!

Nancy said...

Such sweet cards, Rosemary! Love the fun penguin! Your second card is lovely too! Beautiful CAS design! I seem to be in a bit of a mojo slump myself.

Greta said...

I adore the butterfly card & how clever to use that cute penguin for a Valentine! Love the striped paper!

Lin said...

Lovely designs, as always, Rosemary! Your penguin is so cute with those googly eyes! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

TK said...

Fun card and a perfect rendition of the sketch; and your second card is absolutely gorgeous! Nice!

Anita in France said...

That little penguin is adorable, Rosemary ... so fun with those googly eyes! What a beautiful, soft, subtle butterfly ... deliciously dreamy! Hugs, Anita :)

maria f. said...

Love the penguin sporting that chic striped BG!