"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 8, 2019

you inspire me...

Hello from the snowy Pacific Northwest!  We are getting more snow than we have had in ages!  Hopefully it won't hang around for long, lol!   With all the snow staying inside and crafting makes a lot of sense.   So I think that is what I will be doing all weekend.  First up is a card that I made the other day for several challenges:  Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash, Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches.  I recently took advantage of a 15% off sale that Reverse Confetti had to buy the Mod Floral Stack stamp and die set.  I used that set to create my card (along with small stamps from two other RC stamp sets).    The smallest mod floral stamp was used to create the butterflies.  I stamped the image twice in red, orange and yellow and then die cut them.   In order to make the butterflies I trimmed one of each color in half and then adhered the pieces to the back of the other intact die cut.  To make the body I used a solid floral image from the Petals 'n Posies stamp set, stamped it three times in black and then trimmed out the portion I needed.  The bodies were then adhered to the butterflies.  I used another image from Whole Lotta Thanks to add in the little dots here and there in red, orange and yellow.  The butterflies were adhered and then I added the sentiment that I stamped in watermark ink on black cardstock, heat embossed in white and then trimmed out.



Hope you have a wonderful day... that doesn't include snow, lol!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  MFT white, Stamps:  Reverse Confetti; Dies:  Reverse Confetti and A Jillian Vance Design; Inks:  Stampin Up! Read Red, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne and VersaMark watermark ink

11 comments:

Viv said...

Another lovely card here Rosie! such pretty butterflies too and great design.Hope your cold snowy weather goes quickly now. We have only had a sprinkling and it went the same day, warmer here now too which is nice ;) hugs Viv xx

craftieodmae said...

Another gorgeous card!

Greta said...

Saw this on IG, but now I see you were super creative using petals to make butterflies--love it!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I just love those butterflies and love how you've used the flower petals to create them! the white on black sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

TK said...

Fun butterflies, and great use of those stamps! And crafting during the snowstorm? Me too! We're getting hammered over here in the Columbia Basin -- a literal snowdrift up to our front door!

Anita in France said...

Lovely fluttery butterflies, Rosemary ... clever and so pretty! Stay warm in all that snow! Hugs, Anita :)

Kara Lynne said...

Those Mod Florals make for beautiful butterflies, Rosemary! I love how you used the sketch and colors in your design!

Karren said...

This is so clever! What a gorgeous card and great job combining challenges. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful textured image on your butterflies! Great use of the sketch this week! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the textured look of your butterflies, this is pretty!