"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Ciao!

Hello!   Popping in with a fun card I made using the Spellbinders small die kit for the month of May.  I used the layout from Freshly Made Sketches and the color combo from Color Throwdown to help me along.  If you have not taken a look at the Spellbinders monthly kits you really should.  There are several to choose from and each kit is jam packed!  Right now I only get the small die kit, but I'm seriously thinking about their monthly card kit.  The amount of supplies you get in each kit is amazing... you could use it to make cards for months!   Anywhoo… this month's small die kit features a cute little scooter!  I could not wait to get my kit and when it arrived on Friday I was excited to get something made right away.  I die cut the scooter from gray and blue cardstock and then pieced together the various parts to create the main body of the scooter.  I did through in a little black, white and a tiny amount of yellow and red.  The balloons were die cut from green and then I used the letters from the kit to cut out the word Ciao.  I then die cut white balloons and adhered them to the back of the green balloons.  I used my Spellbinders plain circle dies to die the blue, white and green cardstock and a Spellbinders long rectangle die to cut the gray cardstock.   Each balloon had a string attached and then I got started layering up all the elements.  Building the scooter was a little time consuming, but so worth it in the end!



Thanks for stopping by today... hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white, green, SU! gray, SSS blue; Dies:  Spellbinders; Thread:  SU! metallic black

8 comments:

Kim S said...

What a fun way to back that charming scooter! Love the color combo! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Broni said...

This is so cute, Rosemary!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous little scooter, Rosemary ... it's so cute and retro ... puts me in mind of the movie Roman Holiday! The detailing is brilliant ... love the italian Ciao in the balloons! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, how CUTE is this!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Adorable card and a perfect blend of the two challenges! Always love seeing your work in the throwdown gallery!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Love! love! love! This is such a fun and delightful take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

This is just darling, Rosemary! Congrats on the shout out at FMS!

Kara Lynne said...

That is a fantastic scooter, and the sentiment is so whimsical! Such a perfect use of the sketch and colors!