"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, May 23, 2019

so special...

Hello!   Wow... I'm posting again, lol!  I have been busy lately doing more coloring with my ZIGs!  This time I used some of the images from the Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers stamp set that is part of the SSS May card kit.  I also used a piece of the Moda Scrap patterned paper that comes in the kit.  I am beyond pleased with how the flowers turned out!  I keep looking at them and reminding myself that yes... I did color them!  And this is all thanks to the amazing Kristina Werner and her fabulous video!  I used another one of the color combos that she used in the video, as well.   I stamped the images on smooth  bristol cardstock with VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink and then colored them with the following ZIGs:  Light Carmine Red, Wine Red and Dark Brown.  The stems were colored with Mid Green and Olive Green ZIGs with a touch of dark brown.  I then trimmed out all the images.  The patterned paper was die cut and I stamped it with one of the leaf images from the set using the Acorn ink.  The flowers were arranged and then I added the sentiment (from the stamp set) that I heat embossed in white on vellum and trimmed down.  I'm sending this off to the following challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches (sketch), Time Out challenges (inspiration photo) and Simon Says Stamp (inspiration photo as well).  I colored these images on Tuesday and had no idea that the flowers would work for both Time Out and Simon Says Stamp!  Don't you love it when thinks work out that way?!  So happy to play along with Time Out as my sweet friend, Greta, is guest designing for them!




Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a wonderful day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS dark brown, Strathmore smooth bristol, Vellum; Patterned paper:  Moda Scrap; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Inks:  VersaFine CLAIR, VersaMark; Embossing powder:  Hero Arts white; Watercolor medium:  ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers

15 comments:

Greta said...

Wow--another gorgeous card, Rosemary! You've become an expert coloring with the Zigs! I'm thrilled you've joined the gallery at Time Out while I'm guesting!

Betty said...

this is just gorgeous Rosie - your coloring is fantastic - love it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Love it!!

sandie said...

gosh Rosemary, these flowers are amazing-you sure learnt from the video-the shading and depth look superb and the gorgeous soft background blends in so well. Thanks for joining Time Out

Viv said...

Love this card Rosie! You coloured the flowers so well too. Those papers look terrific also,hugs Viv xx

TK said...

Oh My Goodness this is stunning! You might be attributing this beauty to Kristina, but I think your coloring is always fabulous! So gorgeous!

maria f. said...

Well, yay you, yes those blooms did turn out perfectly. This is such an eyecatcher.

Claire said...

Will so have to watch that video - your colouring is gorgeous! I'm never happy with my colouring when I use my Zigs!

Anita in France said...

Oh my goodness, Rosemary, I'm not surprised you're pleased with how these blooms turned out ... your colouring is just stunning! Such soft and delicate flowers ... with fantastic depth ... beautiful against the dreamy background PP! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Jacquie Southas said...

The blooms are just gorgeous on that designer paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

What an amazing card! I love that background and those gorgeous flowers! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful flowers and oh that background! Gorgeous! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Deb said...

Gorgeous! These colors are so soft and lovely!

Karren said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! That paper works perfectly with those perfectly colored flowers.

Kavitha Vadhri said...

Surely the winner.