"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, July 20, 2019

wishing you love and hugs...

Hello!  Got some time to make a just for fun card today.  Lately I have been making cards for design team commitments and for a fun new release coming from Simon Says Stamp.  When that happens it means my time for making something just for fun kind of disappears.  It is also summer and well... I'd rather spend time doing stuff with my boys to be honest.   After finishing up my SSS projects I decided to make a card for the current Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches challenges.  I fiddled around with another idea, but ultimately settled on making something with my Altenew Fantasy Floral dies.  My first try with the CTD color combo ended up in the garbage due to something I did as I was finishing up the card.  When I had to throw the card away I realized that I actually didn't like how I had combined the colors so I really wasn't that upset afterall, lol!   About two months ago I bought a Gemini Jr. die cutter and got a package of dies with my bundle.  I used a border die to create the pink cardstock strips.  The sentiments are from the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers stamp set.  Once I had everything layered up on my die cut rectangle I adhered the panel to a light gray cardstock base and added some Pretty Pink Posh silver jewels.  So glad I messed up the first card because I like this one so much better!



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  Stampin Up!, Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things; Dies:  Altenew, Jillian Vance Design, Crafter's Companion; Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp; Embellishments:  Pretty Pink Posh

10 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card! I like that color combo!

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Rosemary! Love those Altenew dies & they're stunning done in this combo! The pink die cut strips add to the elegant feel of this card!

Anita in France said...

So feminine and elegant, Rosemary ... lovely layering! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

You always rock FMS and this beauty is no exception! Winner winner chicken dinner!!

Kim S said...

This is so detailed and elegant and still so clean and fresh! It's gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jacquie Southas said...

Great use of both the colors & sketch! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty card! I just love the pink and grey together! Love the sweet die cut edges on your panels! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

I love pink and gray! Beautiful floral card~

TK said...

I can't imagine you messing up, as your cards are always so perfect! This one is no exception, beautiful!

Greta said...

Hurrah for the shout-out, my friend!