"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 6, 2020

foiled butterfly...

Hello from very wet and foggy western Washington!  A little depressing, but I will take rain and fog over snow any day!  I have a card to share that I made using lots of Spellbinders dies and my Spellbinders Glimmer hot foiling system.  The Glimmer systems is currently on sale!   I haven't done this in a couple to weeks, but I combined my two favorite challenges (Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown) to create my card.  I fell in love with the CTD combo the moment I saw it and may have to make another card using those colors!  Anywhoo… I didn't have the shade of pink cardstock I wanted for my flower so I just made my own using white cardstock and distress oxide ink in Spun Sugar.   The flower and leaves dies are from the Spellbinders May 2019 card kit called Stay Wild.  After cutting the two part of the flower I layered them together.  The leaves were cut from white cardstock.  I used a classic square Spellbinders die to cut the navy blue cardstock.   The butterfly was foiled in a pretty light blue foil which is kind of hard to tell.  I was able to get a decent close up photo so hopefully you can see that it is light blue.   After I foiled the butterfly I die cut it with the matching die.  I adhered the square so I could determine where to place the sentiment (from A Jillian Vance Design) and then stamped it in PTI's Spring Rain.  I arranged and adhered all the leaves to the flower and then adhered the flower to the square using foam dimensionals.   The butterfly wings were slightly bent upward and then adhered to the flower with glue.  I finished with a scattering of Pretty Pink Posh pale pink sequins.   I just want to remind you that Spellbinders is have a blow out sale on select dies with up to 40% off.   Just click here to find out more details.  Decided to add this to the current Flower Challenge, as well.





Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how pretty Rosemary! Another of your collage works of art. YOu have rain and fog and we currently have sleet. Had it last night too with everything covered in ice this morning. Pretty, but slippery!

Greta said...

The foiled butterfly is gorgeous! Lovely card using that great color combo, Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's breathtakingly Beautiful Rosemary. Love the colour combo and design.
Faith x

TK said...

Simply stated, Gorgeous! Those colors are a dream to create with

Vickie Z said...

Lovely!! Great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Amy O said...

Pretty colors and a beautiful collection of elements! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

How beautiful! Such a pretty combination of challenges too. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Anita in France said...

Elegant, feminine and so lovely, Rosemary ... what a chic little cluster! Hugs, Anita :)

TaeEun said...

What an elegant birthday card! Love the color combo and the added white die cut leaves! The placement of the soft pink sequins looks perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!