"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 14, 2020

two cards...

Hello!  Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's day.  My boys got me a lovely orchid and a Starbucks gift card... yay!   I spent part of the day finishing up a card that I started yesterday when my Spellbinders February small die kit landed in my mailbox earlier in the day.  The Spellbinders small die kits are absolutely fabulous and I think that this one is my favorite so far.  I can not only die cut with this kit I can use it to foil and that is what I did, lol!   I used the color combo from Color Throwdown for my card and was trying to use the sketch from FMS for my layout, but the circles were too big so I came up with another idea.  I die cut all the different layering pieces from cardstock corresponding to the CTD colors and then layered them together.  I used one of the layering dies to foil the background of my white cardstock panel with silver foil using my Glimmer hot foiling system.  I then foiled the hello word in silver and then die cut it with the matching die.  I layered up all the circles and then adhered the sentiment.   I had so much fun using the dies to foil that I have another potential card waiting in the wings!


My second card is for this month's Altenew inspiration challenge and the Sunday Stamp challenge.  I have wanted the Mega Succulent stamp set for ages.  Finally I took advantage of free shipping and purchased it a few weeks ago.  Since it had been sitting in my crafting area I decided to use it to make my card.  I stamped the image on white watercolor paper with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink, applied clear embossing powder and heat set.  I then watercolored just the center of the image in yellow roughly following the outline of a tag that I was going to use to die cut the center.  Once the image was dry I die cut the panel and then die cut the tag from the center.  I added some green ribbon to the tag that I tied with black twine.  The main panel was adhered with foam tape and then the tag with a double layer of foam tape.  I finished by stamping the sentiment from another Altenew set in green ink, trimming down and adhering to the card front.  Honestly, I'm not super happy with this card because it just doesn't look that well done to me.  But I need to stop being so hard on myself!  Let me know what you think.  ETA:  Just found out this would work for the new Time Out challenge so I will be posting it over there.  Thanks so much for all the lovely comments concerning this card!





Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the both Rosemary, the second is so creative!

Greta said...

You are definitely too hard on yourself, Rosemary! You know I'm loving the first card with those fabulous dies! The second card makes such a statement & is unique & beautiful! Finished my Altenew card last night & need to get it posted. You're an inspiration!

Anita in France said...

Cool stamp and die cut layering, Rosemary ... there's so much interest, dimension and texture to this stylish design! Gorgeous bloom ... fabulous with the splash of yellow ... so full of impact! Hugs, Anita :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a fun, creative take on the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge this week!

Heather said...

Dang, your tag card is brilliant! Spotlighting WITH your tag never even occurred to me - it's amazing! Beautiful flower image, of course, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Your cards are just so VERY Beautiful, I love the circles and the colours with great embossing and dies and THEN the foiling, just gorgeous. The simplicity and beauty of your second card is just fabulous.
Faith x

Kathy said...

There are gorgeous cards! You’ve got excellent talent, Rosie! I’m love all the purples, so your first card has me second-guessing whether I should get that small die set..... The second with the succulent is great in yellow

Ms. Tamp said...

So glad I stopped by to get a better look at the card. The tiny preview pic just doesn't capture how good it looks. I like the center only fill and the tag use.

Anita in France said...

I'm back to say how delighted I am to find this lovely in our gallery at Time Out, Rosemary ... thanks so much for playing along with us! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Two beauties, Rosemary. Don't be too hard on yourself because I'm sure I'm not the only one in awe! The first is fun and love all the different techniques, but honestly... I Love the second one! Love the succulent, love the tag cut out of the center and fabulous idea of the loose watercoloring in the shape of your tag - brilliant!

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, both of your cards are fabulous! I love the succulent and how you colored the section for the tag. Genius! SO pretty! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Kim Heggins said...

Love both your fabulous creations!!! Your flowers are just wonderful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Lisa said...

Great cards! I absolutely love the pop of yellow on the second card, so eye catching!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun way to add a tag! I love it!! Thanks for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week.

Nonni said...

What a super design! I love the pop of yellow and your idea with the tag die. Thank you for taking Time Out and joining us!

lostinpaper said...

What a beautiful idea and a clever way to incorporate the tag as a highlight!

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you join the fun over Altenew February Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!